Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

My Early Silver Commemorative Set is now COMPLETE!

Finally got it completed! See link below. I was held up on my 1915 Pan Pac. I now want to upgrade to all MS65's! That will cost some major $$$! Maybe I can buy one a year, if my wife lets me. image I had good luck crossing over my ANACS coins, some actually graded higher. My NGC coins didn't cross to well! image Only 2 out of 7 crossed! Happy Coin Collecting!

MY COIN COLLECTION:

Check out my coins for sale on eBay:

Comments

• Options
    Hey Chad:

Great collection - you should be very proud of it.

Regards,

Frank
  • Options
    Awesome Franklin Set! $$$
  • Options
    Hey Chad,

That is one nice set of early silver commemeratives. It must have taken a lot of patients and dedication to put it together.

Mike.

The Barber Quarters that I curate
  • Options
    And money too! I have been collecting these early commems scince 1998. The lowest grade coins that I have are the most expensive ones. To upgrade them to MS65s will cost thousands!image
  • Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chad,

That's a nice commem set. I checked out all of your pics, and saw some great-looking coins - a lot of them in older holders. Makes me think I might try a set of commems if I ever finish my Merc set.

Congratulations on your accomplishment.

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options
    Thanks!!! I have some superb Early Gold Commemoratives listed on eBay now. You can start your early commemorative collection today! Happy Coin Collecting! BBC...
  • Options
    Great set and nice pictures. I like "Set Completion Announcement" threads. Let's you know what people are collecting, and what their goals are. I hope to be there someday myself. Good luck upgrading. image
    "Buy the coin, not the holder"

Proof Dime Registry Set
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Very nice set, I like the Spanish Trl and Norfolk, especially. It must of been a blast putting it together.
  • Options
    My favorite Early Commemorative is the Antietam half dollar. I think the prettiest obverse is on the San Diego half and the prettiest reverse is on the Texas half.
  • Options
    Nice set! As a type collector I think I've got to have at least one commem... I guess I might get a Oregon Trail. I like Native Americans.
  • Options
    MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice set. I just looked through your pictures and it's particuarly nice how the vast majority of the coins "match." To help make your case to your wife that you need to upgrade your coins, you should pick some time of the year, such as Thanksgiving, and then lay all the coins out side-by-side. Your coins are so well matched that this would make for a really impressive exhibit.

I try to do this with whatever set I am most taken with at the time and my wife, who is typically not at all interested in coins, can still find the set interesting. I usually lay out the coins when my in-laws are around (not by choice--I figure Thanksgiving is a great time to show off the coins and, lucky me, my in-laws are always over on Thanksgiving) but my in-laws have little or no interest.

Mark
    Mark

• Options
    Congrats. Its a long tough set to complete. You should feel very proud. Have been buying some of the series myself lately and can appreciate the difficulty. I think it will be a good long term investment because the mintages are fairly low and the current prices are relatively reasonable considering those mintages.
  • Options
    I'll have to try the "in-laws - holiday" trick. They have no interest either!

I hope they are a good investment!

• Options
    mrcommemmrcommem Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Bigbadchad,

Congratulations on completing your silver commemorative set. You have a set very much to be proud of. I see that you got bit by the commemorative bug back in 98. It hit me back in late 95. My set is the Overland Trail Collection, just a few spots ahead of you. I have been updating my set since 1997 and as it stands now it is very expensive to upgrade from MS63 to 65 or 66, especially for Lafayette, Isabella, Missouri, Pan Pac, Monroe, Sesqui. Good luck on your upgrading endevours.
  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
    Good Job, bigbad!
  • Options
    Your Overland Trail Collection is awesome. image
  • Options
    nice going.........i ahve been working on my set for over 10 years.............http://www.ngccoin.com/gallery/enews/........and i do have some dups

so if your interested give me a shout

ttyl
    gregg
    my goal is to find the monsters and i go where they are but i sometimes miss some.... so if you have any and want to sell IM THE BUYER FOR THEM!!!

out of rockets ...out of bullets...switching to harsh language
  • Options
    Awesome coins monsterman!
    What dups do you have to sell?