Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1933 Goudey breakdown

I haven't seen much talk about this set here, but someone reading has to have some sort of collection of 33 Goudeys. Seems like a VERY expensive set to put together in any condition. Way out of the league of a poor college student like me image Here's the link:

1933 Goudey Set Breakdown
Currently collecting the Nolan Ryan Basic and Topps Player sets.

NAXCOM

Comments

• Options
    theBobstheBobs Posts: 1,136 ✭✭
    I learn something new everytime. Great write up's qmayer...
    Where have you gone Dave Vargha
    CU turns its lonely eyes to you
    What's the you say, Mrs Robinson
    Vargha bucks have left and gone away?

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • Options
    I can't take all the credit here. I am just the middle man. A guy named Chris Strufflestreet actually writes all of it and makes the full checklist. Its amazing all the stuff he knows.
    Currently collecting the Nolan Ryan Basic and Topps Player sets.

NAXCOM
  • Options
    theBobstheBobs Posts: 1,136 ✭✭
    I would like to see some of the regional or obscure sets -- like Red Hearts, Dan Dee's, stuff like that -- if you are taking requests image
    Where have you gone Dave Vargha
    CU turns its lonely eyes to you
    What's the you say, Mrs Robinson
    Vargha bucks have left and gone away?

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Good work!
    I am a 1933 Goudey collector (about 30% complete) and collect these in PSA 3-5. I like the way the cards look. Considering my #53 Ruth PSA 3 cost me about a grand (all in trade) I saved about 49K by not getting a PSA 8image

Kepp up the good work
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    The Goudey sets are truely in a league of their own. The colors, the attention to detail, player selection, rarity, you name, they've got it. I like the arto deco style used in the Diamond Stars set. I can't imagine what that set would be worth with Ruth or Gehrig.

One of the most beautiful pre war cards ever made

Besides my basketball card passion, I like the early 30's sets alot. But I really only like them in super high grades, when the color comes out and when the borders approach off white. That'll be my next step up in the collecting world. To go after the attractive commons and semi-stars/HOF'ers (I'll save Ruth and Gehrig til last) in high grade.