Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

SWAP Counterfeit, Mis-struck and unofficial US coins book...for your coin/s

I have a slightly used, read a couple times book. Its by Don Taxay. Its a guide for the detection of cast and struck cointerfeits, electrotypes and altered coins. Paperback, 220 pages. If you need a pic of the book, or cover, let me know. Trade for you coins?

I like bust halvesimage
Family, kids, coins, sports (playing not watching), jet skiing, wakeboarding, Big Air....no one ever got hurt in the air....its the sudden stop that hurts. I hate Hurricane Sandy. I hate FEMA and i hate the blasted insurance companies.

Comments

• moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    THat might be an interesting book. Is it good? Why do you want to part with it? What do you want for it, besides a bust half? image

am
    100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • tsacchtsacch Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭
    It was a good book for me as a novice to middle ground collector several years ago. I knew little of the subject and thought at the time that it was cheap enough...it was $5.00 new. ...the book is now about 15 years old and I just dont need it anymore and my kid already read it and has no interest in keeping it.

I would even take an ACG........in fact I thought of making it a contest........the worst ACG wins the book, but what the heck, cheap trade
    Family, kids, coins, sports (playing not watching), jet skiing, wakeboarding, Big Air....no one ever got hurt in the air....its the sudden stop that hurts. I hate Hurricane Sandy. I hate FEMA and i hate the blasted insurance companies.
    ttt
  • mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    I'd like to take a gander at it if at all possible...what'cha want in trade for it? (Only one ACG slab for my slab collection). I have a few AT coins I could send your way...They are pretty nice conversational pieces...Let me know.

Thanks,
    Ray
  • airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's an ACG for ya...

JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Can anyone say Photoshop?
    imageimage
    Awsome, love the MS-90 Mr. sheldon sure should have made special grades for ACG coins.

But seriously, I do want to get rid of the book and make room in my office for new stuff....and I would rather it go to a good home of a board member. I certainly could do an ebay auction but then I feel like I would have no chance cause its not toned and in original condition....near AU58 to be exact.

t
  • moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it is just a used paperback, then why not have a giveaway?

am
    100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.