Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Jeter/A-rod? A-rod without a question...Take a look...

islandboys, I hope your reading this since you think Jeter is the best SS in the AL. Look at these stats brotha:

Jeter:

Games - 116
At-bats - 479
Runs - 90
Hits - 145
Doubles - 18
Triples - 0
Homeruns - 13
RBI's - 54
Walks - 58
Strikeouts - 90
Steals - 28
On-base % - .381
Slugging % - .422
Average - .303
Fielding Percentage - .975 with 11 errors

Now A-Rod...

Games - 119
At-bats - 460
Runs - 93
Hits - 144
Doubles - 23
Triples - 2
Homeruns - 38
RBI's - 100
Walks - 62
Strikeouts - 88
Steals - 8
On-base % - .400
Slugging % - .620
Average - .313
Fielding % - .991 with only 5 errors

Nuff said...

Comments

• Options
    1 word:

OUCH
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Posts: 4,287 ✭✭
    There ain't nothing like stats...image
  • Options
    in certain situations stats could be misleading but NOT in this one. Arod is hands down the best s.s in baseball. i couldn't see how any1 could think different. im not even a big fan of Arod but geez just look at the #'s he's put up not just this year but thruout his career
  • Options
    YanksFanYanksFan Posts: 1,305 ✭✭
    I agree, Arod is a better player. But if you could be either player, would you rather play for the Rangers for the next 10 years with even the shot of the playoffs a long way off? Or, playing with the Yankees(I know ya hate em D, sorry) with Giambi, Soriano, Williams, Mondesi, Mussina, Clemens, Stanton, and Rivera. Jeter knew if he went on the free agent market, teams like Baltimore, Cleveland, Chicago, and Seattle would be gunning for him. I think, he's more worried about the playoffs and rings(winning) than the $$ side.

Jeter's a winner. Go ask the "Wizard" Ozzie. He said that even though Nomar and Arod put up better numbers, Jeters' a born winner.

Arod hasn't won yet. He left Seattle, look what happened to them. He sold out to Texas for the next 10 seasons, look at him now. But your right, Arod is a beast, with hugely better numbers. Only if he had a team around him.

• Options
    Derrick. I have never said that Jeter is the best ss. I said he is the second best, brotha. Wow don't you feel stupid.
  • Options
    nuff said.
  • Options

<< <i>Derrick. I have never said that Jeter is the best ss. I said he is the second best, brotha. Wow don't you feel stupid. >>

You said that he was second best BUT you said that he was BETTER than A-Rod. There's a big difference there. Know your facts before running off at the mouth about some nonsense.
  • Options
    yanksfan, very good point. jeter does have that intangible that stats don't always show, he's a winner and plays big in big games. But i have a feeling if you were to put arod on those yankee teams wow let me stop, being a yankee hater thats just too scary a thought
  • Options

<< <i>49erfan is retarded. Jeter is the second best shortstop, and is not overrated. Miguel Tejada defensive skills stink. So he has more rbi's ,he bats 3rd duh he'd have more rbi's. Jeter is clutch not lucky dummy. Jeter is better than Nomar and Tejada. Nomar has like 20 errors this season I am not joking either. Jeter gets more hits, scores more runs, is more clutch, has better defense, plays under high pressure situations, all better than Nomar, Tejada and even Arod!!!! So take that! Jeter made the play of the decade in last years ALDS against Oakland! Jeter is much better than Nomar an Tejada! BTW in what category is Jeter overrated in? Oh and the only stat that Nomar and Tejada are better at is rbi's (they both bat 3rd) and home runs. Jeter is better in every other category than Nomar and Tejada. PEACE grease >>

Does that ring a bell oh so smart one? Yeah...that's what I thought...thank you and have a nice day.

• Options
    BURNED
    Alan Bierlein

Tradelist

Refs: epag64, ahares, beave, airjordan22, skivermont3, bigshane, KLS23, Chillinbij, dewey, yanksfan, woodson24kg, danmarinocollector, NBAsteve, ejones06, clearandvalid, JRCCRUM, rooks, koolman2005, Lway7Fan, Bobstar, vittleboy, beasport, burress80, johnsauc, danotoriuos, goyanks01, whitetornado, richpf32
  • Options
    Some people I swear...

Stupidity should be painful.
  • Options
    ttt, where you at islandboys? Don't talk smack unless you can back it up...Like they say...

If you can't take the heat...then get the HELL outta the kitchen...
  • Options
    I never said Jeter is better than Arod. So stop.
  • Options
    Yes those thing I listed Jeter is better AT than Arod, Nomar and Tejada. But I never said Jeter is the best. Beause Arod is.
  • Options
    the only thing holding back arod and the rangers are the pitching. If they could get a pitcher that could hold leads late in the game they would be right up there at the topp of the lists and not at the last. They bombed the yankees a few weeks back like 17 to 6 or something close to that and also crushed the red sox even worse. The rangers are a good team but they need pitcheing there players can bat but its there pitching realy slowing them down.
    Im looking for 2001 fleer premium rookies and gameused that i don;t have for the sets im putting together.

iv traded with: rooks