Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Help!!!! 58' 59' and 60's Collectors

Guys,

Well after 2 yrs of hounding a gentleman he's opening his safe tommorrow. The deal is I have know idea what the low pops are now that psa has changed their format. This guy has 58-68 baseball with a ton of football from the early 60's..For instance he took 20 cards to cu 2 yrs ago and turned 6 9's 2 of which were clemente's 63-65 I believe. I've seen the commons for each year and what can I say stunning. Rookie tall boy namath he has doubles and both of which are lock 9's. The commons are even better.

If you guys could give me some insight I'd appreciate it. These cards will find the market I have no use for them.

Thanks, Matt

Comments

• Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Matt:

If the cards are PSA 9 -- there is a strong market. Even PSA 8's have a following ususally strong enough to support grading costs.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    Schmidty,

I know this I just don't know the #'s of the low pops and so forth. Psa has changed the pop format and I have no clue of the #'s I should be looking for. I'm only going to have about 4 hrs to sift through and who knows when I'll get another chance. I mean this guy has it all so anyone looking for something high on the hit list lmk because good chance he'll have it.

He's a greenhorn to pop reports and so on. So give me some #'s.

Thanks Matt

• Options
    Not sure if he has any '69 baseball but if so, look for #21 Jose Santiago, #51 Mike Andrews, #78 Tom Satriano, #110 Mike Shannon, #312(?) Bill Robinson, #663 Dick Raditz. Those are off the top of my head. I'm sure the other '69 set builders could provide more numbers.
    Please visit my eBay auctions at gemint
  • Options
    For 1959 Topps, look for a centered #11-Billy Hunter and low numbers in general (1-110).
    For 1963 Topps, look for any first series (1-109) that doesn't have print snow on the surface, as well as fourth series (284-370). Get a Yogi Berra #340 that is centered. I don't think any 9's have ever been graded.
  • Options
    Guys,

Thanks for your help keep them coming!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt
  • Options
    Matt, I'd like to email a list of cards I'd be interested in picking up. I am sure others may want to as well. Care to list your email address?
  • Options
    Guys,

You can email me at rmorse@accn.org

Thanks Matt
  • Options
    MantlefanMantlefan Posts: 1,079 ✭✭
    Hi Matt

1958 and 1959 Baseball: look for low numbers and Yankee and Dodger cards [even the commons are bringing nice prices]. 1960 Topps Football is a set that has low pop numbers for most cards...I'd grab those. Good luck.
    Frank

Always looking for 1957 Topps BB in PSA 9!
  • Options
    The 61 topps baseball low pops are

96, 114, 119, 126, 128, 133, 134, 137, 143, 153, 154, 170, 175, 178, 182,
    265, 294, 355, 383, 515, 523, and 559.

I also need 117, 118, 186, and 504, which are fairly low pops.

I expect first crack at these if you get them in 8 or above!

Buckwheat

Ole Doctor Buck of the Popes of Hell