Home U.S. Coin Forum

Research Question

Does anyone know of an online source that will allow a person to read the text of the acts of congress that relate to numismatic subjects?

Thanks

Mike
Collecting Census Data on Rep of TX Consolidated Fund Notes: I Would Appreciate The Serial Numbers of Any Notes You Might Have. Thanks!!

Comments

• BowAxeBowAxe Posts: 143 ✭✭
    I don't know -- is the Congressional Record online?
  • krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    See if thomas.loc.gov has what you're looking for.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• From what I can tell the Thomas site is for current legislation. I am looking for something that will access the archives. For instance I would like to read the text of the Act of March 3, 1863 which authorized the 3 cent fractional notes.

Thanks again

Mike
    Collecting Census Data on Rep of TX Consolidated Fund Notes: I Would Appreciate The Serial Numbers of Any Notes You Might Have. Thanks!!
  • krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    You could call the research desk of a large library near you, or call your US Representative's office and ask.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• They listed a bunch of acts passed on that date. I didn't read the whole text of them all, but it may be buried. Go here:

Library of Congress

and do a search of the date or keyword from what you know of the act.

I love internet research, but I've got laundry to go do!

Good luck!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file