Home U.S. Coin Forum

I Met Tonelover

09sVDB09sVDB Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭
As many of you know, there have been many threads on this board about the quality and service you recieve at RCNH. I have been buying from them and communicating via email with Jon Rosenthal (who is a member of this board) for about a year now. This past week, I set up a time with Jon where I could meet him in person. Well, yesterday my wife and I made the hours drive to RCNH in Milford NH. What a great time I had. Jon(on his own time) came into the office and reviewed my certified coins and basically showed me some of the pitfalls of PCGS and pointed out certain things to look for when buying both certified and raw. Yes I had some disappointments with some of my stuff but in the end I came away a whole lot wiser thanks to Jon. With Jon's permission, I am posting this so that anyone who is looking for a quality dealer can give them a try, and if you live in the area I highly recommend paying them a visit. Their web adress is www.rare-coins.com
09svdb

Comments

• Sounds like a great experience!!!!image I will add RCNH to my to buy from list. This isn't the first positive thing I have read regarding them.
  • shylockshylock Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭
    It's been very cool for the long time members of this forum to follow Jon's transition from his previous job to his new one, including his post when he was first considering it. He made a decision to go into a field he loved, complete with all the risks involved, and it certainly seems to have had a happy ending for both him and the fortunate company that hired him. We all new he couldn't miss, he's one of the sharpest, well grounded posters this forum has had.
  • shirohniichanshirohniichan Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭
    I can also recommend Jon from personal experience. He's guiding me through the process of assembling a Philippino type set, and I've been quite happy with the coins he's sold me.
    Obscurum per obscurius
  • jomjom Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You met Tonlover? Sorry to hear that. Tonelover is evil I tells ya...EVIL! image

jom

PS: I had met JR on the net when I bought a SLQ from his site. I then met John out here in person at the Long Beach show (last summer I think). He was out here to interview with a coin dealership and was talking about his offer from RCNH. I'm REAL glad he took the RCNH position given the opportunities....knowledge is the most important thing you can take from any job.
  • I met Jon too! He kind of reminds me of "Krypt-Zilla" above! LOL! The State of New Hampshire will never be the same! There is a soon to be released "Tonelover" BobbleHead Figurerine available only through this Forum. They make great hood ornaments, if you are from Texas, but me, I want mine on the car dashboard!imageimage
    Specializing in coins with "thin film interference" & "sulfur impregnated surfaces" due to hanging out with "old bags" and "wrappers"
  • jomjom Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dashboard? What is he now "Saint John"? lol

jom
  • TomBTomB Posts: 21,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had the good fortune of spending several days with Jon since we are only two or three hours from each other. Always a pleasure. By the way, he is already selling Tonelover hood ornaments! I have a bobblehead Tonelover on the hood of my car right now!image
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• HigashiyamaHigashiyama Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, I'll show my ignorance -- what in the world is a Tonelover hood ornament!

(From Seattle, on my way back to Tokyo - Higa)
    Higashiyama
  • shirohniichanshirohniichan Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭
    Is he the one that looks like an angel on Rolls-Royces or the one that looks like a jaguar on that other kind of British car?
    Obscurum per obscurius
  • i just bought franklin from tonelover 10 days ago and it was on the money and a sharp coin. good people to deal with ,i would buy again from rcnh..

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file