Home U.S. Coin Forum

A little help here ????1858dd obv and rev flying eagle

Yes I said that right it is double die on the obverse and the reverse. You can see the doubling on the back wing along the leading edge also you can see the doubling on the date 1858, all the doubling on the date is towards the left of the date it involves all four numbers. Then to boot there is doubling on the reverse. The doubling on the reverse is on the bow then goes all along the edge of the bow up to the right first wheat ear and stops. The doubling goes to the second ear of wheat on the left side there is also doubling in the loop of the bow on the left inside of the bow.

Now to tell you guys I only paid 22$ for it I got it because it is a "LL" and would be a space filled in my small cent collection. My grade is somewhere between fine and very find probally closer toward midgrade fine. Here are some pictures I know they dont turn out very good but its the best I can do. So give me your thoughts on it how did I do what you grade it as and what kind of price could i expect to get for it .

Byron
Im unemployed again after 1.5 years with Kittyhawk they let me go. image

My first YOU SUCK on May 6 2005

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file