Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Superior Galleries is INFERIOR Galleries

Steve Deeds, Mr. Superior Galleries, never did write me back.

My problem was this. I STUPIDLY (No need to revisit this area) bought a raw Bust 50C at Superior's January sale for over $600. It was bodybagged by PCGS. Steve Deeds offered to list it at their Long Beach sale without commission. I STUPIDLY agreed.

I tracked the item on eBay where it closed at $385. I emailed Superior to see what was up. They responded:

LI- July 02, 2002 "Our records show that lot (XXXX) sold for $600 on the floor. I do not know what lot number you are talking about. The ebay records are NOT a prices realized of our Superior Galleries coin sale. The official prices realized will be published on our website as soon as possible."

Then I got my invoice showing a closing sale price of $400. Three DIFFERENT amounts for ONE coin and still have not gotten ANY check.

I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THESE FOLKS.

Comments

• Options
    gmarguligmarguli Posts: 2,226 ✭✭
    I hate to say it, but Superior is owned by the scumbags at TAGZ. They should be avoided at all costs.
  • Options
    SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I hate to say it, but Superior is owned by the scumbags at TAGZ. They should be avoided at all costs. >>

Greg I think you like to say it! image I like to hear it! image
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
  • Options
    jamesfsmjamesfsm Posts: 652 ✭✭
    I have to agree. I wanted to give Deeds the benefit of the doubt but they really suck. Plus, they have ZERO customer service.
  • Options
    I forwarded this thread to Deeds.

I think I should buy coins from ADAM SANDLER's MR. DEEDS, not this guy.

I'll post the conclusion.
  • Options
    BustmanBustman Posts: 1,911
    Steve Deeds seems to be very well respected by others in the biz, but I do hate the fact that superior is now owned by Tagz. I almost put a few items in the ANA Superior auction, just could not come to an agreement on the reserves for the items. However, Steve was VERY quick t respond to all my emails, and I respect him for that.
  • Options
    SUPERIOR's LAME RESPONSE TO ALL ISSUES RAISED ABOVE:

Hello Mr. XXXXXXX!

My name is Agnes from the accounting department of Superior. Steve wants to make sure that you are in receipt of your check for $400.00 as a full settlement of the above consignment in our June Coin Sale. If not, please let me know so I can resend the check to you. As per your contract, the settlement date for this auction was on the 16th of July. I cut the check on an early date which was the 8th of July. To date the check remained outstanding and we're concern that the check might be lost. Please advise.
    In advance, I thank you for your time. Have a good day now.

Agnes
    Superior Galleries, Inc.
    800-421-0754, X211

MY HOT-HEADED REPLY:

I would like "my" coin back at this point. I want to pursue this matter further. Your company is a scam. eBay showed the coin closing at $385 and then Laura from Superior told me (by email) that it closed at $600 on the floor. The coin itself I bought from you in a scam for almost $700. PCGS Said this $700 gem was cleaned and whizzed. I would like the $600 that Laura said the item closed at; leaving me to still lose $100. And, NO check was ever mailed to me for ANY amount.

They say Steve Deeds is a "stand up" guy but he sounds like a weasel. And, please threaten to sue me for being unhappy as TAGZ always does. I am a lawyer. It will be fun.

YOU WILL ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS TO ME OR TO THE CALIFORNIA AUCTIONEER REGULATORS.
  • Options
    Did you expect better from Superior (Inferior) Galleries /TAGZ???
  • Options

<< <i>I hate to say it, >>

Ahh, go on Greg... you can say it.
  • Options
    Still haven't received an invoice from them for two lots from the ANA N.Y. auction. Twice I phoned to pay by credit card and was directed to voice mail. Damned if I was going to leave my info that way. Going on vacation tomorrow so they will just have to wait.
  • Options
    I bought one lot at the ANA auction too. Got an email requesting my address afterward and still heard nothing back for payment info or anything else. I am still waiting. I immagine I will hear from them eventually. I hope they ship the coin faster than this once it is paid.
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    I got an email requesting my address afterward too. At least my coin was in a slab so maybe I won't get burned too bad.
    They seem to take about as long as Heritage does. Superior should be invoicing me in by snail mail in exactly 6 days.
    I didn't really want to bid in their auctions because I was scared they were gonna threaten to sue me like they did some dealers here. After what I've heard about them I really shouldn't had bid.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file