Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Would you collect more modern-era coins if they had "Miss Liberty" designs instead of pres

Would you collect more modern-era coins if they had "Miss Liberty" designs (similar to what they used to have)instead of dead presidents?
image"Darkside" gold

Comments

• Options
    Catch22Catch22 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭
    No

When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary.

Thomas Paine
  • Options
    MacCoinMacCoin Posts: 2,545 ✭✭
    well the nickel and the dime are the only modern I don't collect. I won't mind seeing a change on the design of the nickel but for me to collect the dime I'ld have to have a size and design change. The liberty would be nice on either coin.

I hate it when you see my post before I can edit the spelling.

Always looking for nice type coins

my local dealer
  • Options
    jomjom Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think all the moderns need to be replaced. Not because they are "bad" necessarily but because they need changing. This stupid proposal in Congress just ticked me off to no end...but what can you do?

Anyway, would I collect moderns if it were Liberty? Depends. If it's a nice design then, yes, of course. image

jom
  • Options
    Probably, if they were attractive and non-political--but they wouldn't be.image

BC
    Dip Happens...image
  • Options
    prooflikeprooflike Posts: 3,879 ✭✭
    I like the Jefferson nickel, although I don't collect them. The one I dislike is the Washington quarter, although I like the Washington commemmorative. All the others, eh, change 'em, keep 'em I don;t care.

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This stupid proposal in Congress just ticked me off to no end...but what can you do?

one thing you can do is to contact your state senators and express yourself by urging them to please vote against the bill which is pending before them. does anyone have the link or know the thread title from last week that has the link in it? the time to be pro-active and voice an opinion is now. much better than moaning about it.

al h.image
  • Options
    Nope. I don't collect Sacs and that has a woman on the coin.
    Recommended reading - The PCGS Guide to Coin Grading and Counterfeit Detection and The Coin Collector's Survival Manual and NCI Grading Guide
    For the Morgan collectors - The Morgan and Peace encyclopedia by Van Allen and Mallis

What would your slabbed coins be worth if the grading services went out of business? What would your coins be worth if the Internet was taken offline for good?
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    No, but I would if they changed the design every 25 years like they used to.
  • Options
    morganbarbermorganbarber Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭
    I would be more likely to collect moderns with Liberty on them. I also would start collecting all current designs of moderns if they changed to something else.
    I collect circulated U.S. silver
  • Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This stupid proposal in Congress just ticked me off to no end...but what can you do? one thing you can do is to contact your state senators and express yourself by urging them to please vote against the bill which is pending before them. does anyone have the link or know the thread title from last week that has the link in it? the time to be pro-active and voice an opinion is now. much better than moaning about it. al h.image >>

It's in this thread

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file