Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

GOLD NOTE SET

What do you know about this? What is this set worth?
You can fool man but you can't fool God! He knows why you do what you do!

Comments

• Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    Looks like the notes made from tissue-thin gold or silver. If they are indeed legal tender in Antigua/Barbuda, that would be about US$1100 in face value, but it might be awfully hard to convince a bank there of the legal tender status. I doubt that melt value would be of any consequence.

I can't imagine such a specialty item as this would be worth more than the US$1100 exchange value to a collector.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options
    I saw a $30 NOTE SET(same two countries) just sell for $177.00. This set had one bid at the starting price(dont know what his max was), so I offered her $185.00 with shipping and she closed the auction. I didnt bid on the $30 NOTE SET, it had an animal theme, I liked the pirate theme better. I had no idea what to bid anyway! If in fact they are legal tender, I guess you can value this set at over 3 times the other. Maybe I just found where I will vacation next year!
  • Options
    Now I just have to worry about receiving it, she doesnt have much feedback, thats for sure!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file