Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Can you believe the US Mint???

BRdudeBRdude Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
Hi all,
On 7/27 I ordered the silver, proof and mint sets from the mint for the 2002 year, all 3. Total cost was $70.80. Now i have been expecting this transaction to clear in just a day or two, but noooo.....First about a week later I got the silver set...Cool!!! Then last week I got the proof set. Cool.... Still nothing charged against my CC, now they have taken the $19.95 out of my account and that is for the mint set which has been BO'd and I stilll haven't gotten yetimage What is the dealie with them??? I would just assume they charge the whole lot nad send them when they get them. Now I have this $70.80 charge in my checkbook I can't clear out as the rest hasn't been taken yet. I always thought the problem was then taking the money right away, and being late in sending the sets. I know it'll all come out in the wash, so really no problem but anybody else have this happen to them??? By the way, the sets I have are NICEimageimage and I can't wait to put the SQ's in the Danscoimageimageimage I always wait and do them all together, less sliding of the sleevesimage
AKA kokimoki
the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed
Join the NRA and protect YOUR right to keep and bear arms
To protest against all hunting of game is a sign of softness of head, not soundness of heart. Theodore Roosevelt
[L]http://www.ourfallensoldier.com/ThompsonMichaelE_MemorialPage.html[L]

Comments

• Options
    richbeatrichbeat Posts: 2,288
    First, luckily all my transactions have been normal so far, in the way that you describe. My problem has been getting the dang website to accept my credit card number. Eventually it accepts it, but it's a hassle. Second, yes I can believe it. image
  • Options
    GATGAT Posts: 3,146
    I have the Mint send me the items and not charge my card for 2 weeks.

What really POed me was being charged $3.95 to sent my son a gift certificate. They notified him via Email and charge him another $3.95 when he used it. In essence $3.95 for a computer generated Email.
    USAF vet 1951-59
  • Options
    BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    The mint sets are on backorder. I got my sil. proof and not my mint set and they were ordered at the same time.

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • Options
    BRdudeBRdude Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    Yea, they showed the proof set and mint set back ordered when I ordered them initially, then the silver set came, then the proof set and it still showed the mint set back ordered. I wonder if they are going to charge me $3.95 for EACH shipment??? That would bite...image
    AKA kokimoki
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed
    Join the NRA and protect YOUR right to keep and bear arms
    To protest against all hunting of game is a sign of softness of head, not soundness of heart. Theodore Roosevelt
    [L]http://www.ourfallensoldier.com/ThompsonMichaelE_MemorialPage.html[L]
  • Options
    I've only ordered from the mint once, and it was a good experience.

On 5/3/2002 I ordered:
    2 10-Coin Proof sets
    2 2-Roll Ohio Quarter sets

The 2 proof sets were shipped 5/9/2002.
    My card was billed 5/15/2002.
    $39.90 + $3.95 shipping.

The quarter sets shipped 6/1/2002.
    My card was billed 6/5/2002.
    $64.00 + NO shipping charge, and they sent them Priority Overnight Insured.

The proof sets look good, and the quarters... well, I didn't open the rolls.
    NMFB ™

• Options
    I also had a bad experience with the mint recently. I ordered 3 proof sets and 3 mint sets back in June. 2 of the proof sets and all 3 of the mint sets were terrible, so I sent them back for exchange. I wait. And I wait. And I wait. Then I call the mint and find out that the proof sets should be shipped 8/2 and the mint sets are back ordered. Two days later I receive the mint sets that were supposed to be backordered shipped priority overnight. Two days after that my credit card gets charged for the mint sets, when I already paid for it back in June when I first ordered. Then yesterday I get two auto-generated emails saying that there would be two credits applied to my account, one for the proofs and one for the mint sets. So far no credit has shown up on my card! Why can't they figure out what they are doing???
    Small cents - ain't they beautiful!
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    All I can say is that we are lucky that the people who run the US Mint are not in charge of the military. as an old soldier, I would be in deadly fear for my country. Bearimage
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    Well I know people still have problems dealing with the mint. But I tell you, compared to my dealings with them 5-10 years ago, things are great. I have had the confussion of them not charging me until long after I have recieved the items, however at least I get my orders now unlike several years ago when it was a crap shoot as to what if anything would ever show up after an order!
    SealyP
  • Options
    Cam40Cam40 Posts: 8,146
    Are these 2002 silver proofs in a new type holder?I heard they discontinued the previous holders.They were not even close to being air tight and would `tarnish` easily.
  • Options
    Hi Koki ,

Sounds like the old "supplied only on demand".. like they don't want to produce any more than is ordered...
    Luck came my way on my 3 proof silver sets.. they arrived in Beautiful shape!
    Now this next order I'm apprehensive about... ordered two roll sets and am having one set sent to me in NY and the other one sent to Indiana ! This is going to be interesting !image Ken
    Ken

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file