Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

LA.state quarters

I just received my 2 sets of LA.quarters from the mint.I opened one set and they are disgusting.Are all the state quarters this bad?I would think with the premiun they charge along with the shipping cost they would have quality products.I can not send them back because of the 3.95 shipping charge.Most of them have deep scuff marks and dings.Looks like I'll be spending a lot of time at the candy store.What do you folks think about the premiun charges and the return shipping prices?
leon

Comments

• Options
    hughesm1hughesm1 Posts: 778 ✭✭
    I agree, the quality of the coins from the mint leaves a lot to be desired, especially when you purchase them directly from the mint for a premium. I bought a couple rolls of 2002 Sacs and the end coins were either stained or had many scuff marks from running through the counting machines.

I returned them and got my money back, minus of course the postage charges. Sure I could have spent them, but that would have only been $50 v. returning them for a refund ($71 minus $4 shipping) of $67 net. No, I did not like the fact I had to pay return postage, but after doing the math it was in my favour to do so.

With that in mind, I fail to see why you cannot return them because of the shipping charge. You'll come out ahead if you return them.

(OK, for you purists, it would be a net of $63 counting postage both ways...still a $13 difference!)
    Mark
  • Options
    Cam40Cam40 Posts: 8,146
    I got a few rolls from the bank at face and they all looked 64-66.Not bad for face.I may even have some 67s and 8s in there.

I gave up on those mint rolls,and bags.
    Maybe the first day covers are the only high grades available.Kinda pricey though.
  • Options
    gmarguligmarguli Posts: 2,226 ✭✭
    Exactly why are people buying them from the mint when the bank will "sell" you them for face value? If you live in one part of the country and don't get the D or P mint, then trade with someone. It will be a lot cheaper.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file