Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Stupid Question.

Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
I know where a pr 1953 cam 25 center is. Problem is I have to buy the whole 1953 proof set to get it. It is cam on both sides, with a quick dip it could be dcam. The mirrored fields are toned brown.

Should I buy the set for the one coin?? The rest are just run of the mill proofs.

$250 for the set.
Tbig

Comments

• Options
    WhitewashqtrWhitewashqtr Posts: 737 ✭✭✭
    Sure.. buy it if you like the coin and cant seem to find one any other way.. Sell off the coins you dont want to recoup what you cost was. Simple!!
    HAVE A GREAT DAY! THE CHOICE IS YOURS!!!!
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,390 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buy the set. If the half is nice you'll recoup your price right there.

peacockcoins

• Options
    Thanks guys. Is it ok to dip proof coins, silver proof coins???

Tbig
  • Options
    WhitewashqtrWhitewashqtr Posts: 737 ✭✭✭
    I think you just made it more complicated with that additional information about dipping. You should start another thread as I never dipped a coin.

But if you have to go through that much trouble to get the coin you like, maybe you should not bother and wait for a better coin.
    HAVE A GREAT DAY! THE CHOICE IS YOURS!!!!
  • Options
    MacCoinMacCoin Posts: 2,545 ✭✭
    I never had to dip a proof but it seem to me it would put a hurting on the DCAM.

I hate it when you see my post before I can edit the spelling.

Always looking for nice type coins

my local dealer
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    Dipping it is not going to make it a DCam if it's not already a DCam. To be worth anything it has to grade at least 64 DCam or 67 Cam to be worth around $100.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    Took a closer look today. The 25 cent is definatly a cam both sides et al. This is not a deep cam though. The rest of the coins are not good at all. Lots of hair lines etc. The 25 center would probably grade pr-66 cam. it is the nicest of the lot.

I will pass.

tbig

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file