Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

ARCO

Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭✭✭
You wanna chip in, and split this one? AU58 Barber Half

Each year you keep it from Jan thru June, I'll keep it July thru Dec.

You in?

Dave
Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.

Comments

• Options
    Wow, that's cool! That's amazing the details are so crisp.

I can't get my eyes to see it as indented as it must be -- is it the photo giving that illusion to you too or is it just me?
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Supercoin - I'm having the same problem. It's hard to tell. I'd love to see it in person. I like the story behind it as well.

I'll tell ya, that's a serious error, for a serious error collector. It might look out of place next to my off-center G-VF Indian cent collection.

Man, I can't take my eyes of that reverse blowup image (or is it the obverse?) Whatever!

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    ARCOARCO Posts: 4,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dave - Yes I saw it, cried a bit, sat sullen in a dark room of my house, pouted and generally sulked around depressed for a bit.

I had read in the book that the current owners had vowed to "never sell it". Maybe they got shellaqued in the recent stock market correction. I especially love the fact that the first owner kept it in his wallet for 50 years. I have $12,500 in savings and just sold our little condo which has $20K equity. Thats $32,500. We need $7,000 more. I know you have been saving for that special Fine or VF 1901-S that only exists in bedtime dreams so we could do it!!image

Wait.....My wife was looking over my shoulder as I was typing and has gone to retrieve the shotgun....whoaaa....are those shells being loaded....I hear a hammer being pulled back......

UH.......I.....Need.....to......go.......There is a shotgun placed at my head!!!image

Tyler
  • Options
    Hey, it's one awesome coin - ya'all shoulda seen the rest of the collection!! The Bobbe error collection was mindboggling in the extreme. It sure brings back some sweet memories.
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    That's really neat! Mike Byers can come up with some cool stuff.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file