Take a look!image

Yahoo to You Too!
USAF VET. 1964 -1968
Proud of America!

I Have NO PCGS Registry Sets!

Comments

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I missed the scam? I probably just didn't read it throughly enough... just seems like your typical ACG/PCI/ICG "PR70" rah-rah stuff sold.

peacockcoins

• Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    I usually get scared when I see the word "RARE" on any auction.
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    Braddick: calling it "rare" in a ACG slab is scamming!
    USAF VET. 1964 -1968
    Proud of America!

• Options
    Good point! Of course calling a PR 1961 Franklin RARE in ANYONE'S holder is scamming! image

peacockcoins

• Options
    Good point!image
    USAF VET. 1964 -1968
    Proud of America!

• Options
    WhitewashqtrWhitewashqtr Posts: 737 ✭✭✭
    Still dont see the scam.. the coin sold for $41.00. How much would a PR70 in a PCGS holder go for? $1,000?
    HAVE A GREAT DAY! THE CHOICE IS YOURS!!!!
  • Options
    I guess you could call it an attempted scam. Or maybe ACG overgraded coins are knowledgeable to ALL collectors? I wonder if the Yahoo bidders are much more keen on not getting scammed? Maybe if this coin was put up on eBay it would command a lot higher price?image
    USAF VET. 1964 -1968
    Proud of America!

• Options
    Exactly - there is no scam! If you want a scam, go buy an overpriced PCGS status symbol.
  • Options
    GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭✭
    The pic is kinda dark, but that coin doesn't look too bad..........doubt it would go 70, 66/68 maybe..........
    imageimage

• Options
    GACoin; agreed, we can't tell by pictures. But we are all learning that ACG grades are very generous. Looks like the bidders are adjusting their bids accordingly also.image
    USAF VET. 1964 -1968
    Proud of America!

• Options
    So again.. please explain the scam?
  • Options
    I should change the title to attempted scam (you know, trying to sell overgraded coins to unsuspecting buyers).
    USAF VET. 1964 -1968
    Proud of America!

• Options
    The title of your thread should really read.. ACG overgrades to the point of absurdity and slabs nice coins with junk labels. Then watch the fun begin.

The auction itself wasnt a scam, because the educated buyers know that ACG has some leeway in there grade. A crossover would go to probably an PR68 and would that make it the same money as the auction? I dont know.. but I am sure its close. In other words.. its already discounted in the holder by the buyers. No scam here.!!
  • Options
    You win, I give up.image
    USAF VET. 1964 -1968
    Proud of America!

• Options
    clackamasclackamas Posts: 5,615
    Wow, it did not even get a Cam designation. It could have been over graded even more, ACG held back some. We laugh at some of the coins but someone somewhere probably has sent in true GEMS to ACG. Can someone please as a test cross a PCGS coin to ACG or break one out for fun? I don't have the heart to do it with my Lincolns. Braddick can you dig up some coin that you were going to spend at the coffee shop and do a cross over?
  • Options
    There was a thread here, not too long ago, that scanned a PCI coin with an insert that read, "ex-pcgs" on the label!
    I've never thought to cross PCGS into ACG.
    I have recently crossed two nicely toned Wheatbacks (love that green and maroon toning some of these early Lincolns take on). They were in ACG MS68 'RED TONED' holders. (Yep, the inserts actually stated, "red toned"). They crossed into PCGS MS65 RB holders each.

peacockcoins

• Options
    I've got a couple of PCGS graded Lincoln Wheat "throwaways" that I will crack and submit to ACG. I will report back the original PCGS grade and the ACG grade. A low-cost experiment!

Coppernicus
    Coppernicus

Lincoln Wheats (1909 - 1958) Basic Set - Always Interested in Upgrading!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file