Home U.S. Coin Forum

Anyone know some good wholesalers?

I would appreciate it if someone would let me in on how to find good wholesale, or below wholesale coins.

Robert
You want fries with that?

Comments

• mrdqmrdq Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭
    "below wholesale" doesn't exist does it? because if something is sold at "wholesale" and someone sells it for less than that, doesn't that make the first transaction retail and redefine the "wholesale" price..

hmm.. this reminds me of the time paradox.. someone else better answer this one, I haven't been high in decades.

--------T O M---------

-------------------------
  • michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭
    if you are into buying ngc/pcgs that are exceptional for the grade assigned and have exceptional eye appeal and even though they might not upgrade they are still very choice for the grade and look better than other of the same coins in higher grade holders and coins with a reason to rise in value because they are scarce and in demand these coins to me are the only worthwile coins to buy

so you will not be able to buy these coins at wholesale or below

but if you are looking for stuff like the above
    with reasonable sellers and you know somewhat waht you are doing whereas you can judge the coin for yourself then go to

www.pinnacle-rarities.com www.legendcoin.com

www.whitlowltd.com theseare good starting places but you must know waht you are looking for and be able to judge for yourself what you are looking at in terms of price value and quality then you should do fine if not then do not buy any coins with money you cant afford to lose and study and learn the market and have fun then and only then should you be buying coins

and then only for a hobby and for enjoyment not for investment or to put your money away for a return

sincerely michael
  • krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    If you are looking for just quantities of stuff (not quality coins), check out any John Sarosi ad in Coin World. They are always selling bulk items. But they are going to be raw and it might be hard to return them if you're not satisfied.

If you want to buy from wholesalers, you will probably need to spend a lot of money.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• mrdqmrdq Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭
    Michael you thought about your answer a LOT more than I thought about mine! I guess I wrote off the question as a troll.

i retract my answer and adopt Michael's opinion until another one comes along but still stand by mine a little bit.

--------T O M---------

-------------------------
  • dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,691 ✭✭✭
    i dunno, is wal-mart still wholesaling sacagaweenies???
  • CoulportCoulport Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭
    There is NO Santa Claus in numismatics.

If you got 5K in cash and someone to introduce you to one of the wholesalers at a major show, they MIGHT let you look through some double row boxes. You can't be too slow though or they will tell you to move along with your coin list to one of the retail sellers.
    The most money I made are on coins I haven't sold.

Got quoins?
  • Theirs no Santa Claus!!!image

O well, Guess Im gonna have to get a metal detector, and find that buried metal chest of gold bullion around here somewheres. lol

But seriously, thanks for the advice.

Robert
  • michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭
    MRDQ THAT WAS A GREAT POST YOU HAD ON the wholesale and i learned from it and i didnot realize and you helped me lots! i love these threads and posts when about coins it helps everyone learn

now me i sort of went off on a tangent but it makes everyone think that waht makes it great on here!!

mrdq your post madce me think and helped me with more information to think about !!

i can ask questions from others and get needed information as i love coins!!!!!!!

waht i do not like on here is the threads with no redeeming value

but i guess it takes all kinds of ingredients to make a tasty cherry pie

sugar and salt and heat!!

sincerely michael
  • michael, it maybe just the way you speak english(typing), but it just seems like your post is full of sarcasm. image

As for redeeming value, theirs no such thing as a dumb question. image

Robert
  • mnmcoinmnmcoin Posts: 2,165
    Me!!!

morris <><
    "Repent, for the kindom of heaven is at hand."
    ** I would take a shack on the Rock over a castle in the sand !! **
    Don't take life so seriously...nobody gets out alive.

ALL VALLEY COIN AND JEWELRY
    28480 B OLD TOWN FRONT ST
    TEMECULA, CA 92590
    (951) 757-0334

www.allvalleycoinandjewelry.com
  • sadysta1sadysta1 Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭
    Rob

Long time ago I used to believe that there are no dumb questions. I'll shock you that after being in thre "real" world foe quite a while there are indeed dumb question. However on the positive side there are far more dumb answers than there are questions.
  • sad, you could be on to something imageimage

Robert
  • Waiting on the easter bunny could be a long wait too! image I tend to agree with some of the other posts that people are not going to be at shows selling wholesale or too many dealers online wholesaling either. dealers are in the biz to make money, so I haven't been able to find any either. If they are going to be truly wholesaling, they are going out of biz or redirecting their priorities. Either way they are going to be expecting you to be spending big bux and not a lot of time "picking" out stuff. Good luck finding a true wholesaler!
    "LIVE FOR TODAY, BECAUSE THERE MAY BE NO TOMORROW!"- DEANE

• There is NO Santa Claus in numismatics... but there ARE a lot of grinches who just love people who want to buy BELOW WHOLESALE!!!

Best of luck!
    Will Rossman
    Peak Numismatics
    Monument, CO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file