Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Request from E-Bay seller (opinion on coin)

MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
I received a request by an E-Bay seller that would like an opinion on the coin he is selling. Here is the request:
Hello,
I am not a coin collector, and do not know much about them. I was wondering if you could take a look at my coin to see if it is selling for a price that is acceptable for it.
I noticed you were interested in rare and unusual coins and thought that you might give me insight on what you think it should sell for. I took it to a dealer at an antique mall, to have it looked at, and listed his opinions on it. I think that he wanted to buy it from me, because the opinion of price seemed to go up as we were leaving. If you could take a look at it and tell me what you think, I would really apperciate it. I also have some other coins that I know nothing about, that I am thinking of liquidating. So please cut and paste the link below to check it out.

Here is the link.
Linky

How about some help for this person.
It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

Comments

• Options
    The insert with the coin indicates that it was "body bagged" by NGC apparently because it was scratched. They do not indicate that it is not real as I am sure it is. As for value Red Book lists AG03 at $400, a bit less then that would probably be right.
    (PAST) OWNER #1 SBA$ REGISTRY COLLECTOIN
  • Options
    Pics are t odark to even tell.
    For me-collecting coins for fun.For my children-their future.
  • Options
    ARCOARCO Posts: 4,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks G/AG with a large deep scratch very visible and possible two other scratches below that. Actually looking at the scan it seems most of the rims are intact and haven't worn into the design except for a small patch on the obverse below lady LIBERTY.

Large scratches and gouges discount value a lot!

Looks like Ebay bidders have already priced it at $300.00 with time to go. $350-$450 final price?

Tyler
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I think that he wanted to buy it from me, because the opinion of price seemed to go up as we were leaving. >>

Bwuahahahahahaha!!!!!

Russ, NCNE

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file