Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Does anyone else experience this?

stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
Concerning grading, With the times of looking at scans of coins on sites, ebay etc. And adjusting your eye to try and grade by a scan do you find it impairing your skill to to grade coins in hand that you might have spent years doing? I am starting to notice this.

stman
Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know what you mean. Tend to be hard on scans. Now with a 5x I undergrade everything.
    Larry

• Options
    stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, I'm also finding myself tough on scans but being softer with coins in hand because it doesn't look so bad not blown up or quick fixed with picture maker etc. Not sure it's a good thing. Even coins I've had for a while after looking at so many scans I go back and say oh this might be better than I thought and it's really not.

stman
    Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • Options
    etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately I don't get to grade that many coins up close because of my location. The vast majority of my coins are puchased off of the web. When you do it that way you (or least I do) tend to buy only certified coins. At least that way you are reasonably sure of what you are getting.

-----------

etexmike

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file