Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2002 Proof Set

I just got my 2002 Proof Set in the mail today. It is stunning! image Based on what I was reading, I was real worried about what I was going to get, but I am more than pleased with my set. All the coins are nice, clean and shiny. Big thumbs up for the Mint from me. image
currently owned by 5 Labradors

Blaze - Yellow male b 3/17/93
Onyx - Black male b 3/7/99
Duchess - Yellow female mix b 3/12/02 rescued 9/18/02
Rifle - Yellow male mix b 12/1/02 rescued 8/8/03
Diamond - Black female b 5/3/05 adopted 8/3/05

First Cam-slam - 9/21/04

My eBay

Comments

• Options
    good deal!!!

mine were not as bad as i was fearing, either. Granted, they could be 69DACMS, but. . . . .

B.
    A Fine is a tax for doing wrong.
    A Tax is a fine for doing good.
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Got mine in today, and it sucks. Three of the SQs have haze all over the fields both obverse and reverse, the Kennedy has haze all around the outer edge on the obverse, and the Lincoln is just flat-out garbage.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    DHeathDHeath Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭
    Russ,

They must have sent you a set from the box mine came from. It's exactly the same. The lincoln has a big spot, two of the quarters are hazy (should be dipped), the Kennedy is a Cam reverse, and the roosevelt is hazy. Junk!
    Developing theory is what we are meant to do as academic researchers
    and it sets us apart from practitioners and consultants. Gregor
  • Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the time I have great luck with the mint. This year the silver set dime is a problem. Left field of obv. is one big smuge. With all I here about the quality some receive, I'm really lucky.
    Larry

• Options
    My Sac looked like she couldn't get away from the mountain lion. Scratches all over the obverse, not hairlines, scratches.

Scott M
    Scott M

Everything is linear if plotted log-log with a fat magic marker

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file