Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

My Results Are In! (Grading)

I have not received the coins back but they just posted the results. Am I happy? Hmm... Yes and No. These are my 4 free grades and Here are the results:
2000-S SAC $1 PR68DC
2000-P S$1 Library of Congress MS69
2001-P S$1 Capitol Visitor Ctr MS69
1999-S GA 25C Georgia-Silver PR69DC

The Library of Congress and Capitol Visitor Center scored the same. The Capitol Visitor Ctr has a gash/hole on the reverse (Compliments of the US Mint) The Library of Congress was taken care of, never removed from the case, when I inspected it under a magnifying glass it appeared flawless, I figured it would definately score MS70. The Capital Visitor Ctr... hey, it was a free submission!

The Georgia was the best Silver Georgia I had!

The SAC was also the best SAC I had and am totally surprised it scored only a PR68DC.

I think they were tough on my first round of coins, I have about 12 other coins in and will be sending in a few more tomorrow. I have to say, although I have been sitting here for only 14 days...tapping my fingers, figuring it would take another 16 days... I'm satisfied.... and figure I have to be more judgemental in grading my own coins.

-David

Comments

• Options
    how could you be dissappointed in those results? you will, in all probability never get an ms 70 in anything unless a change of heart comes about at pcgs. also dont expect any pr 70 s either. you did good, be happy!
  • Options
    Results don't look that bad to me either. I'll sell you a 1996-W dime certified PCGS MS64 if you want to see disappointment!!!imageimageimage
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    dakra,

You did very, very well considering the current "we're tough even if we're wrong" grading standards.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    dakradakra Posts: 513
    Thanks for cheering me up guys! :-) I know I did well with the grading but I guess I expected a bit higher with the Library Of Congress and a bit lower with the Capitol Visitors Ctr. I'm also curious as to why they woud give me an MS69 on the Capitol Visitors Ctr. when it has a divit the size of a pinhead in the back of it. In my opinion, if they would grade that an MS69, the Library should have received a MS70... unless they gave me the higher grade as a gift. :-)

The SAC blew me away with the PR68. I know many had spots on them but this one appeared flawless to me. The Pop report has none under PR70.

I just checked the Georgia on the Pop Report and noticed that only two have been graded PR70, I'm in good company with the 2500 other PR69's.

Now that I look at it, I did quite well... but I guess I was hopeful that I would be more suprised and score an MS70 or PR70 on atleast one of them.

I am extremely happy with the 14 day turnaround on the grading even though it was put through for a 30 day turnaround.

-David

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file