Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

BU Coins out of mint rolls.....

I bought a couple of mint rolls of dimes the other day. I picked the best 2 and put them in 2 x 2 cardboard flips, then I put them into one of those Albums with pages that have 4 spaces across and 5 down. I later looked at those 2 dimes and one of them had a couple of scratches on it. Is it possible that the flip-album caused these or do you think I just scratched it in the process of puting it in the flip? I would think that a flip inside of a pocket would be more than enough protection for a BU coin with no dings or scratches.

Comments

• Options
    hookooekoohookooekoo Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    I have been doing basiclly the same thing with State Quarters. I haven't had any issues with the 2x2s. My best guess is that during that first inspection, you just missed the scratches (light was at a different angle or something like that). It's amazing what you will miss on a first pass of looking at a bunch of coins.
  • Options
    prooflikeprooflike Posts: 3,879 ✭✭
    You probably just missed it on the first look. I haven't had any probs with the 2x2 holders or the pages.

• Options
    Pretty big ding to miss, whew it's amazing what can happen when you stare at 100+ dimes for a couple hours.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file