Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Props to Russ on his ebay auction listings...

I want to give props to Russ on an auction I ran across while normal rounds on ebay, it is the first time I have run into one of his auctions and I loved his honesty and professionalism and just the way the auction looks and read. Let me know if it is okay to steal some of your ideas Russ.

Link

morris <><
"Repent, for the kindom of heaven is at hand."
** I would take a shack on the Rock over a castle in the sand !! **
Don't take life so seriously...nobody gets out alive.

ALL VALLEY COIN AND JEWELRY
28480 B OLD TOWN FRONT ST
TEMECULA, CA 92590
(951) 757-0334

www.allvalleycoinandjewelry.com

Comments

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Thanks, Morris.image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Typical on Ebay....

I'm not a coin dealer he says, but...

he's selling a lot of coins.

very interesting.

• Options
    mnmcoinmnmcoin Posts: 2,165
    21 items is in no way alot of coins, go check out coastcoin or centsles or many other that have hundreds of coins up.

morris <><
    "Repent, for the kindom of heaven is at hand."
    ** I would take a shack on the Rock over a castle in the sand !! **
    Don't take life so seriously...nobody gets out alive.

ALL VALLEY COIN AND JEWELRY
    28480 B OLD TOWN FRONT ST
    TEMECULA, CA 92590
    (951) 757-0334

www.allvalleycoinandjewelry.com
  • Options
    4thStooge,

Not sure what you're problem is, but you might want to take a look at my eBay history before you make a fool of yourself. I buy about ten times as many as I sell.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭✭
    4th Stooge sounds slightly trollish to me. I would have no problem buying from Russ........he seems to know his beeswax on Halves. I do have my conceerns about that eye picture of his though image
    imageimage

• Options
    As likely one of the few that actually know Russ in person - I can assure you he's what he says he is...
    A geek - one who collects coins. (and has only begun doing so recently)

I'm not a "dealer" either - but I'll be selling the coins that don't meet the standards (PR69DCAM) for
    my collections. Why would Russ be any different? Sheesh. image
  • Options
    A coin dealer may defined as someone who deals in coins - buys and sells. Like Russ. That makes him a dealer. If he isn't a dealer then there are no coin dealers. In the state were I live the gov't defines a coin dealer as anyone with more than two retail transactions within a twelve month period and they demand you obtain a tax number and report your sales. And for car dealers, it's three or more transactions per twelve months. Even with a very, very liberal interpetation of these guides, Russ is a dealer and shouldn't deny it.
  • Options
    It's semantics. By that definition so am I.

But to call me a dealer would be to diminish the skill and experience many of the gentlemen and ladies that really *are* dealers have.
    I may have been mis-reading, or misinterpreting -- but it appeared that the moniker "dealer" is somewhat of a disparaging term when used in that particular context.

Fact is - he's brutally honest. ( a rare commodity indeed ). To cast aspersions on that honesty and straightforward representation of the items borders on offensive, and is uncalled for. That's what raised my ire. Russ makes his living building computers, and doing networking and repair. He relaxes collecting great coins, and selling the ones that he's not keeping. If that's a dealer - then so be it - but to suggest that there's an ulterior motive - or that he's misrepresenting anything is ludicrous.
  • Options
    I can't speak as to his motives and neither can you, DanC. One thing is for sure is that he says he's not a dealer but he walks, talks, and quacks like one.
  • Options
    I'll speak very slowly for you, stooge, in the hope that you may have the minimum grey matter necessary to comprehend. I am a collector who sells extras - at a substantial loss. I do not earn my living selling coins. Never have, never will.

Get it?

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    4th - I believe I can. I know the man. Do you?

There's little point in taking this into a flame-war - and I'm not going there.
    Suffice it to say there's a difference of opinion with regard to the definition of "dealer," and why don't we let it go at that?

I maintain that he's a *computer dealer* - that buys and sells coins on the side. Far more buying than selling.
    It's not worth arguing over. I have coins to acquire. One of which I bought from Russ, and I'll be picking up today.

btw... I also buy my computers from him, but have been doing that for years. He's only had coins since April, and they're not part of the business inventory. That's a "collector" to me - but as I said... why argue about it?

• Options
    zennyzenny Posts: 1,549
    we all know who's quacking here, Russ, don't worry
  • Options
    supercoinsupercoin Posts: 2,323
    Hey Russ, how's my want list coming?

(oops!)
  • Options
    Supercoin,

Sorry, I don't "deal" in those bald guy bucks.image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭
    Hi Russ. Great description. I put a bid on it just because you deserve it. I have about 6 slabbed Kennedys, but a whole set in a Dansco Album (BU & Proof). Nice set too, only the 64 D is really baggy. I have one of those in a slab in MS66. It is very refreshing to see someone say that this is a nice coin, but not perfect. Mark

P.S. I am like Russ also. I sell coins because I have to, as my tastes change or I upgrade. Sometimes I will buy a coin just because it seems like a good deal that I can make a few bucks on, but not very often.
    National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file