Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

New York New York

TONEDDOLLARSTONEDDOLLARS Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭
I attended my first ANA this weekend and it was great. Since this was my first I have nothing else to compare it to. I throughly enjoyed my time in New York.
I met a few people from the boards. TomB, and GSAGUY to name a few. GSAGUY had a table he was sharing with two other fellows. One of which was Robert Campbell, ex ANA president. We had a great discussion about toning and how it happens. This is a very knowledgeable man. Anyone who has the chance to talk with Bob will come away a richer person, from the infomation that you will acquire from just a few minutes conversation.
GSAGUY is just a real gentleman. Bought some wonderful toned dollars from him that he had been looking to help fill my wish list. He has the most unbelieveable collection of toned Morgan dollars that I have ever viewed in my collecting life. I want to buy them ALL. This is another person that if you ever have the previlage of meeting and talking to you will come away very impressed. I know I was. He is a real straight shooter, very impressive in todays world.
On Sunday I went down to the bourse to say goodbye to GSAGUY and he asked if I had time to take a walk. He took me to another dealers table to view a coin all the while shutting down his case to show me a coin that he was interested in but wanted me to have first crack at it. How many dealers do that. Most would take the coin on consignment and maybe make a small profit on it if you wanted it. This is the kind of dealer I want working for me.
This was the type of feeling that a lot of the dealers at the show made you feel. I met some old friends that I have dealt with at shows in Boston.
All in all it was a great show for me. I picked up four new coins for my toned set that I did not have before. I now have 75 of 105 Morgans, all toned, towards completion of my set. I also upgraded three other coins to higher grades and with better toning.
I can not wait to go to next years show. Maybe them I'll be better able to compare shows. jack

Comments

• Options
    ARCOARCO Posts: 4,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you had fun. Robert (bob) campbell has a shop in my neck of the woods.

Big coin shows are what coin collecting is all about!!image

Tyler
  • Options
  • Options
    Sounds like you had a good time at the show, I was there too. I live near Bob Campbell and he is very nice. He took time out of the day to come with me to see my exhibit. He is probably the most knowledgable person in the field about toning.
  • Options
    I ordered his tape on toning. It is about 2 hrs. long. Sounds like a nice rainy day time passer to me
  • Options
    gsaguygsaguy Posts: 2,425
    Jack,

I'm just now catching up on all the postings while I was in New York. Thanks for the kind words.

It certainly was a great show, wasn't it? Besides buying and selling some beautiful coins, I met some of the forum members which is always a lot of fun. It's nice to put a face with a name. I was fun meeting both your and your wife.

I'd like all the other forum members to know that you're well on your way to completing an exceptional set of toned Morgan dollars. Some of your coins are truly outstanding and I'd be happy to add many of them to my collection.

Thanks!

GSAGUY

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file