Home U.S. Coin Forum

"If you are a dealer or Ebay seller of coins or currency do not bid on this auction."

RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
This is an awfully picky seller. I don't get it. What difference does it make who buys his coin as long as they make good on the transaction?

Russ, NCNE

Comments

• RampageRampage Posts: 9,418 ✭✭✭✭
    I will never bid on his stuff now. I never even seen any of his auctions until now. Now that I have, I put him on my never bid on list.
  • PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    Maybe the seller want's to limit the bid's they get on it image

• That's just a BS (in my opinion) way of getting people who aren't dealers or ebay sellers to think they are really getting something great. You know like when those wherehouse sales say "Open to the Public!!". Wow, thank you good sir for allowing me the privilege of shopping at your fine establishment. Or like when a TV sale think says "Limit 2 per household". Gees.

JJacks

Always buying music cards of artists I like! PSA or raw! Esp want PSA 10s 1991 Musicards Marx, Elton, Bryan Adams, etc. And 92/93 Country Gold AJ, Clint Black, Tim McGraw PSA 10s
  • Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    See, he's a PowerSeller and he don't even like dealers!! image
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • braddickbraddick Posts: 23,099 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. It's hype.
    Can you imagine an obvious Dealer buys the coin at above market trends? What? He wouldn't take the funds?
    It's stuff like this that really inhibit his auctions as most can read right through it all (or, at least I hope so).

peacockcoins

• dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭

<< <i>That's just a BS (in my opinion) way of getting people who aren't dealers or ebay sellers to think they are really getting something great >>

agreed, seen this tactic quite a few times. also used in coinworld print ads from time to time.
  • Jim Jacks, I followed the link above to look at your PCGS registry sets and a Yahoo popup link for a Nicole Kidman picture gallery appeared on top of it. I guess I'll see your coins next time.

• toothpuller,

Sorry about the surprise!image

Someday I will have to cough up the funds to pay for my webspace. When it is free, there are ads!

JJacks

Always buying music cards of artists I like! PSA or raw! Esp want PSA 10s 1991 Musicards Marx, Elton, Bryan Adams, etc. And 92/93 Country Gold AJ, Clint Black, Tim McGraw PSA 10s
  • mnmcoinmnmcoin Posts: 2,165
    Someone should write him and say, "I really wanted to buy your coin but am a dealer, sorry...I can't figure out why you wouldn't let me bid, but oh well, rules are rules." ANd then when he writes you back, either say, oh I'm sorry I just picked up one, or I really don't feel comfortable breaking your rules. That would be classic.

morris <><
    "Repent, for the kindom of heaven is at hand."
    ** I would take a shack on the Rock over a castle in the sand !! **
    Don't take life so seriously...nobody gets out alive.

ALL VALLEY COIN AND JEWELRY
    28480 B OLD TOWN FRONT ST
    TEMECULA, CA 92590
    (951) 757-0334

www.allvalleycoinandjewelry.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file