Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Teletrade estimates?

mrcommemmrcommem Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭✭
I just received a Teletrade catalog and noticed that the auction estimates no longer indicate which holder the coin resided. The previous format was: (100n-140p). The 100n would indicate the yearly low auction price realized as well as the holder the coin resided. In this case NGC. The 140p shows the yearly high prices realized and the holder the coin resided. In this case PCGS. The holder could be both the same or switched, or IGC, ANACS. Usually, the higher auction prices realized would always be PCGS.

Teletrade has left off the holder indicators, (100-140) for example. When did they start doing this? Don't you think this will increase the auction prices for NGC, ANACS, and ICG since they don't indicate which service had the high prices realized?

Comments

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Doesn't it state the holder in the coin's description?

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    supercoinsupercoin Posts: 2,323
    Russ, it does, but he's talking about where they list the range of previous prices realized.

I haven't got the latest catalog, but are you sure they aren't showing the range just for ICG coins, for example, if an ICG coin is listed?

If they are showing the whole range in any holder, must be some more ICG payola finding its way to Teletrade. image
  • Options
    supercoinsupercoin Posts: 2,323
    Wait, I do have the latest... mine still has the previous holder listed for prices realize, i.e. {10n, 200p} but some of the more expensive coins have an Estimate: $2000-4000. That's a different thing.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file