Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Opinions please.....

RampageRampage Posts: 9,418 ✭✭✭✭
For the first time ever, and I even said I would never do this.....I ended two auctions early. imageimage The reason? I want to know if you all would hopefully agree with me on this. I had four toned IKEs on eBay. Two of them went along just fine, but the other two I got 7 or 8 emails today on each one from different people. Some duplicates from the same person on the second coin. Anyway, I was accused of making the AT coins. One of the high bidders on one sent me an email where someone had emailed them directly to let them know what I supposedly had done. With this being said, I ended both auctions just minutes before they were to end because of the emails. It so happened I signed back on anyway right before they ended.

So, the question here is do you guys think I was right or wrong in what I did? I probably would not have done it if someone had not emailed the bidders. I bought these coins from someone on this board. The history of them before I bougt them, I have no clue, but I kept them in my safe. I do not even know how to AT coins. imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage Richard.

Comments

• Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think if someone is trying to manipulate the bidding process by sending out damaging email, then you have a right to protect yourself. You only need to be strictly ethical if the entire process is strictly ethical.

IMO.

EVP

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    The self proclaimed eBay Police are getting out of hand!! image You should foward the emails to Safe Harbor and you look guilty as charged by ending the auctions early. That's the way they think. How bout some links to check your "AT" coins out and some names of these a$$holes?
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    I agree with Dog, send the emails to safe harbor. You ended the auction for an ethical conflict, there is nothing wrong with that.
  • Options
    Here are the to I ended early. The other two I had I never got a single email about. They were all bought at the same time from the same person on this board. Anyway, this is them. I have not decided whether I am going to do anything about the emails I got. I kind of liked the coins anyway, so I might just keep them. I was only selling them to raise cash for the error coin habits.

One

Two
  • Options
    Agreed! Contact safe harbor - asap.
  • Options
    darktonedarktone Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭
    Look on some of the other coin forums and chat rooms and you will probanly find a thread or some talk of your coins. mike
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    I had stumbled on your toners while surfing the silver dollar section and had them on my watch list and wondered why they were cancelled. Nothing leads me to think they were AT, I thought maybe they got that way from a mint set or an album. I really liked #1 with the wood grain pattern on the rev and was gonna bid on it. Too bad you let the bums intimidate you. Even if it was AT it was only a $20 coin, so what?

You really should report the person that interfered with your auction. These well meaning vigilantes actually hurt the efforts of the real WatchDogs who always have irrefutable proof there is indeed fraud before getting involved.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    supercoinsupercoin Posts: 2,323
    Hey, those and a couple others you sold look vaguely familiar. image
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I purchased the 1976 using the eBay auction format. I did write Rampage via a PM from reading his Buy/Sell thread. Richard explained the credibility of these coins and the history of them. After he wrote me back I proceeded to bid- winning the one lot.

I'm sorry others had to spoil your auctions on the others. It certainly wasn't necessary for them to do so. I've never emailed a bidder of an auction to give him my opinion of a coin. I would be offended if someone did that to me.

peacockcoins

• Options
    DarkTone. If you know of some talk about my coins, I would appreciate links to them so I can defend myself.

Supercoin. They are the ones I got from you last year in April or May. image They are pretty, but needed to sell them to feed my error coin habits. I am watching you off center IKE right now on eBay, and I like your missing clad layer IKE on your web site.

Thank you both Braddick and Dog97 for your comments. I will decide what to do today or tomorrow. I lots of other things going on in my life where I do not need to be bothered by people like this. I might let it slide (this time).

Regards, Richard.
  • Options
    Rampage, I don't know of any talk about your coins but if you had that many emails I bet they were working together. I will search other forums and chat rooms and see if I can find anything. Mike
  • Options
    DarkTone. I search the only few chat houses I know about and did not find anything. I am sure there are many more than I know about. You do not have to search if you don't want to. By your post, I just thought you knew of something right off hand. Thanks again. Richard.
  • Options
    I just figured these vigilante's must be getting together somewhere. mike
  • Options
    Rampage,

In my humble opinion, a very valid reason for ending the auction using the cancellation tool as it is meant to be used. Good luck with the safe harbour effort.

Go well.
  • Options
    jharjhar Posts: 1,126
    I suspected those were some of Supercoin's former inventory!!!
    J'har
  • Options
    I've got a similar toned IKe i got from my dealer's cull box (can you believe it?) It's doesn't have the woodgrain on the back of it, but the front's pretty close. I hate it that the few bad apples ruined it for you, and if you need a character witness, supoena the entire board--we'll go to bat for you!!!

B.
    A Fine is a tax for doing wrong.
    A Tax is a fine for doing good.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file