Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Commemorative Question?

mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭
I saw a coin with a neat rendition of the Charter Oak on the reverse. I think it was A CT. commemorative, probably a half dollar, but I can't remember. Is anyone familiar with this coin? Thanks forum folk.
National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.

Comments

• Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Connecticut comm half does have a very nice rendition of the charter oak on the front and a cool "art deco" eagle on the reverse. A very striking coin.
  • Options
    It's the Conn. coin.

Tony from Conn.image
    USAF VET. 1964 -1968
    Proud of America!

I Have NO PCGS Registry Sets!
  • Options
    robertprrobertpr Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭
    Tony your profile says Texas? You mean you're originally from CT? Me too. I'll be moving there in about a week now. From western WA image
  • Options
    RNCHSNRNCHSN Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭
    The coin in questin seems to be the 1935 CT Tercentennery commemorative half dollar. They are very nice (IMO). I live in CT, (always have) and have been trying to get one I like, at a price I like, for a long time. Unfortunately, they are popular.
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    The Connecticut commem is one it seems that people either love or hate. I like the art-deco eagle and the rendition of the oak tree, as well as the charter oak on the 1999 washington. There is also an historic Oak tree here in South Bend, where a peace treaty was signed between the Indians in the area and the white settlers.
  • Options
    mrcommemmrcommem Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭✭
    The coin you refer to is the Connecticut Tercentenary Half Dollar minted in 1935. The obverse depicts the Charter Oak very much alike the oak on the circulating state quarter. The link below will take you to my website with more info on the half as well as the stamps issued for the Connecticut Tercentenary.

Connecticut Half Dollar
  • Options
    mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭
    The link below will take you to my website with more info on the half as well as the stamps issued for the Connecticut Tercentenary.

Thanks, very interesting story on the Oak. Mark
    National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file