Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Hello from new member

It occurred to me that several of the establised members of this board like new members to introduce themselves. So here I am:

I am not new to coin collecting, but I am new to this board. I started collecting silver US, Mexico & Canadian coins in the mid 60's. Some from Grand Mother's store and others from travels. This accumualtion has grown and shrunk over the intervening years and recently got refined to business strike US dollars since 1878. Still have lots of others but these and coins that depict ships (US & foreign) are the active sets.

Live and own a shop in North Idaho.

Will continue to read much of your shared knowledge and contribute when I have something of value to add

Comments

• Options
    Welcome aboard Mrpawn.
    For me-collecting coins for fun.For my children-their future.
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    RLinnRLinn Posts: 596
    Welcome. Its good to see someone else who can remember the 60s.
    Buy the coin...but be sure to pay for it.
  • Options
    Have you done any business on ebay? Or have an on-line store?
    When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard! Got JFKs?

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭
    Come on in and sit a spell. Always nice to see new members.
    Enjoy your stay here.

-----------

etexmike
  • Options
    Mikey: I have done a bit of buying on ebay, some of it from board members, with generally good results. No cyber store yet. Ebay handle is Mrpawn

Russ: No JFK's to speak of. Inheritted a box of 1976 Ikes, JFK's and quarters that is still kicking around since mostly circulated
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Baseball,

<< <i>BTW, what does NCNE stand for. >>

No Certifications No Education. I'm a computer geek, and I started using that at BBS's years ago as a slam on all the paper MCSE's who thought they were God's Gift just because they crammed some braindumps and passed some tests. Just kind of stuck with it.

<< <i>And if this is not too personal, why is your boss such a jerk? >>

Hehe, I own my own business.image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Welcome to the boards!image
    Need a website? Future Design Solutions has custom professional website design starting at just $249!

Check us out today!
    http://www.futuredesignsolutions.com
  • Options
    LuvdawgsLuvdawgs Posts: 1,512
    Welcome to the boards, Mrpawn image Nice having you with us. I collect US and Canadian coins. Hope to see your posts in the future and if I can be of any help, please don't hesitate to ask.

• Options
    welcomeimage
    Alan Bierlein

Tradelist

Refs: epag64, ahares, beave, airjordan22, skivermont3, bigshane, KLS23, Chillinbij, dewey, yanksfan, woodson24kg, danmarinocollector, NBAsteve, ejones06, clearandvalid, JRCCRUM, rooks, koolman2005, Lway7Fan, Bobstar, vittleboy, beasport, burress80, johnsauc, danotoriuos, goyanks01, whitetornado, richpf32
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Welcome, MrPawn. Glad to have your enthusiasm and experience.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    Welcome to the boards. image
    currently owned by 5 Labradors

Blaze - Yellow male b 3/17/93
    Onyx - Black male b 3/7/99
    Duchess - Yellow female mix b 3/12/02 rescued 9/18/02
    Rifle - Yellow male mix b 12/1/02 rescued 8/8/03
    Diamond - Black female b 5/3/05 adopted 8/3/05

First Cam-slam - 9/21/04

My eBay
  • Options
    Welcome from me also!
    Friends are Gods way of apologizing for your relatives.
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    Remember the 60s, I cant even remember what I had for lunch. In any event , welcome to the asylum, most of the inmates are friendly, most of the time, to most of the other inmates. Bearimage
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, if you can't beat 'em, then join 'em, huh?!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,406 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mrpawn,
    Welcome to the boards! There are some very knowledgable people on here and you can learn lots.
    Mike
    Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is April 12-13, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    Howdy image
    COINHUNTER
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    Welcome. Does anyone ever bring in nice coins to pawn?
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    Itsnotjustme - I have never pawned a coin, but being a bear, I have pawed a few in my day. Bearimage
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    You'll find great advice here! Have a great time. Enjoy the reading and the occasional good banter!
    USPI minimalist design collage
    designset
    Treasury Seals Type Set
  • Options
    Welcome to the forum. Hope that you learn a lot from the others on here. How is the pawn business going? Anyone bring in any coin collections to your store?
    Recommended reading - The PCGS Guide to Coin Grading and Counterfeit Detection and The Coin Collector's Survival Manual and NCI Grading Guide
    For the Morgan collectors - The Morgan and Peace encyclopedia by Van Allen and Mallis

What would your slabbed coins be worth if the grading services went out of business? What would your coins be worth if the Internet was taken offline for good?
  • Options
    good choice!! this is a great board with great people.

But don't feed the bears. image

B.
    A Fine is a tax for doing wrong.
    A Tax is a fine for doing good.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file