Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Who is the most knowlegable Walking Liberty Half collector known today??

Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,954 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone here know who that might be??

Thanks in Advance.

Thebigeng
Pacific Northwest Collection

Comments

• Options
    STOCKFORDSTOCKFORD Posts: 1,328 ✭✭
    Jack Lee and Mr Whitlow
    LOOKING FOR FULL STEP JEFFERSON NICKELS PCGS OR NGC
  • Options
    mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    I would say the one with the most books...

Ray
  • Options
    Aspie_RoccoAspie_Rocco Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

I never know when to use who or whom. Whom knows does not sound right. I was looking at coins in English class that day.

I wonder the name/s of the most knowledgeable Half individual is.

• Options
    Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭✭✭

It would take some serious pocket....

So Cali Area - Coins & Currency
  • Options
    Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

16 YEAR OLD THREAD ALERT!!!

• Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lay off the expresso AR, and get some sleep. 2002? Really?

• Options

@bolivarshagnasty said:
    Lay off the expresso AR, and get some sleep. 2002? Really?

I am thoroughly confused with your response...
    Why does it matter? :/
    I did not realize there was a expiration date or freshness requirement for threads. Looking through some of the old pages can yield interesting topics and conversations.
    The hours I work or post should not matter, I do not drink so I am not up late drunk posting.
    I have an interest in half dollars. I have an eclectic curiosity which is a hallmark of my neurological diversity. I search the forum for information, education, and the occasional laugh. While I can be as apologetic as most Canadians, I will not apologize for digging up old threads. I see no harm in this. I also see no point in yelling a thread is 16 years old, unless it is for humor. I also do not see the need to single me out in this way. Do you have a grudge or dislike for me? Have I don’t someth to offend you at some point in time?

-drops phone, because it’s not a microphone

• Options
    MarkInDavisMarkInDavis Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭

@Aspie_Rocco said:
    I never know when to use who or whom. Whom knows does not sound right. I was looking at coins in English class that day.

"Who" is correct in your thread title. "Anyone here know who that might be??" should be "Anyone here know whom that might be?". Substitute he/him. If he sounds right use "who", if him sounds right use "whom".

image Respectfully, Mark
  • Options
    shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would like to know the answer to the original question, in today's world. I do know there are some very knowledgeable collectors here, but I don't know where they rank in the pantheon.

ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,733 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have some philosophical issues with bringing up a 16-year old thread like this.

To begin with, the original thread died a quick and painless death with little information. Also, those with the most knowledge from one time period vs. another (and we are talking nearly two-decades in between responses) can change dramatically. Lastly, if you were hoping to bring up valuable information for others to follow (that is, to get in touch with Jack Lee or Larry Whitlow) then I imagine you might need a medium or something similar since both gentlemen died years ago. If you want contemporary information why not start a new thread?

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

" I also do not see the need to single me out in this way. Do you have a grudge or dislike for me? Have I don’t someth to offend you at some point in time?"

No grudge or dislike. In fact I love Jeffersons as I know you do.

Enjoy old threads and learn from them. You don't necessarily need to share. Many of us were here when the thread went down the first time and have read a page or two before we realize we've already seen it. There are always exceptions, especially when the subject is pertinent to an ongoing discussion.

• Options

I apologize for bringing up old threads everyone! I never saw a rule against this activity. I was not trolling.
    I was honestly getting tired of the multiple member popularity and related threads clogging the front page. I respect all the members here and I am happy they are back. Multiple threads were locked for similar topics and more kept coming up. So I looked in the past and brought out old chestnuts. I AM SORRY. PLEASE STOP MAKING COMPLAINTS about me to moderators! I will try to learn and write down all the unwritten rules some of you folks have.

Roccout

• Options
    DollarAfterDollarDollarAfterDollar Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are a couple of guys (Walkerfan for one) here who(m) either are or might know who(m) to contact.

:)

If you do what you always did, you get what you always got.
  • Options
    ColonialcoinColonialcoin Posts: 625 ✭✭✭✭

@Aspie_Rocco said:
    I apologize for bringing up old threads everyone! I never saw a rule against this activity. I was not trolling.
    I was honestly getting tired of the multiple member popularity and related threads clogging the front page. I respect all the members here and I am happy they are back. Multiple threads were locked for similar topics and more kept coming up. So I looked in the past and brought out old chestnuts. I AM SORRY. PLEASE STOP MAKING COMPLAINTS about me to moderators! I will try to learn and write down all the unwritten rules some of you folks have.

Roccout

I’m actually happy that some older threads are being resurrected. I bookmarked two of them because they were so good!

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Aspie_Rocco said:

Then again, to who would you go to for the info sounds awkward as opposed to to whom would you go to for the info.

• Options
    BJandTundraBJandTundra Posts: 383 ✭✭✭✭

To who/whom in may concern. Not everyone was here in 2002. I thought I might pick up some interesting and helpful info when I saw the title.

• Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,954 ✭✭✭✭✭

Walkers were a stage for me and now they are not... At the time I had a weird walker with a weird double die thing...

• Options
    georgiacop50georgiacop50 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭✭

@FadeToBlack said:
    Bumping old threads like this is going to get them all locked. It'll be yet another example of a few people abusing something useful that results in it being removed.

Now I am really missing that disagree button for the first time. Not a thing wrong with resurrecting

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file