Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Coin dealer's return policy

I asked this ebay dealer about his return policy on his auction:

link

His reply:

items with pictures have no returns as do certified items. without pictures 5 days

Then I asked if he could provide a picture of the reverse showing the FSB and he said

I,m sorry but I cannot

All I can say is 'DUH'
When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse

Comments

• Options
    prooflikeprooflike Posts: 3,879 ✭✭
    He should of just said, no returns.

• Options
    GilbertGilbert Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭
    I didn't see a certification or any indication of the coin being certified. Did I miss something or has the seller essentially graded and designated it? And if so, he offers no return policy based on the OBVERSE of an uncertified coin. hmmm. I'm scared of him. image
    Gilbert
  • Options
    PetescornerPetescorner Posts: 1,220 ✭✭
    This "dealer" was discussed in another thread. All I can say is beware of someone with sunglasses who suddenly lists 200 auctions. The odds are real good that this isn't his first account with eBay.

-Dan
  • Options
    mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭
    What in the world do you need to see the reverse of a Full Bands Merc for?image
    National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.
  • Options
    RLinnRLinn Posts: 596
    Interesting! His only feedback (limited as it is) is as a buyer, not a seller.
    Buy the coin...but be sure to pay for it.
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    Yeah 'DUH' is right. The seller means you can't return the obv but you can return the rev if you aint happy with it.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    Hey! His feedback is up to four now--and two of them are as a seller. But seriously, with 200 coins up on eBay, one has to question if he is truly an eBay newbie, or has he changed handles for whatever reason. And, if he has changed handles, I'd sure like to know why. And as to his return policy and non-willingness to provide a photo of the reverse, these just add up to a lot of suspicion. If I were bidding on this, I would asusme it is 65 at best (how many raw coins have you ever bought advertised as MS67, that really were anything close to it?). From the scan, it could be anywhere from 60 on up. and then I'd assume that it may be FSB, but is at least close to it. Then I'd look at the price and if it was still a bargain, I might bid. But that's a lot of "ifs" which would leave me out of the bidding for this coin. and I probably wouldn't waste my time looking at very more of his auctions.

Pete

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file