Home U.S. Coin Forum

Sell it on Ebay for the most money

I sold my business in 1997 under a contract where I was to get paid a set amount of money for a number of years. I perfected liens on all the machinery.
The party I sold it to filed for bankruptcy under chapter 11, and just a month and a half ago the bank put them in chapter 7, and ordered a liquidation auction. The machinery I sold them was held hostage by the bank until the day of the auction, when they finally relented and gave up their claims.
I had nowhere to put all of the machines, and had the auction firm sell 3 machining centers. I nearly puked when they were sold. My Pratt & Whitney Tapemate F sold for $300. My 2 Acroloc AS22 Machining Centers sold for $700 each.
The buyer of the Tapemate sells machine tools on Ebay and listed it right away.
This is his Ebay auction.
Tapemate F

Ray

Comments

• Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ray -

You're right. eBay is quickly becoming "the market", although many will disagree. Its' you best chance for a fair market price, whether you're selling "Pez dispensers" or "Tapemate F"'s

Man, that guy made a quick profit on your rig. Oh well...

By the way, what the h*ll does that machine do?

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • RLinnRLinn Posts: 596
    Man, just think about shipping! That thing sure won't come USPS in a piece of certifeid bubble wrap.
    Buy the coin...but be sure to pay for it.
  • Ray,
    I attend all kinds of auctions each month and the one thing I always hear being wispered in the room is the word 'Ebay'.
  • Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    Ouch! You got screwed! They didn't even use Vaseline either
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • its over as far as your ownership goes, if you agreed to let the auctioneer sell on the spot. looking back maybe you should have rented a mini warehouse for a month. it still hurts to watch somebody else profit from your loss. i had a guy go bad on me in a restaurant/lounge situation. he called at 9 pm to tell me the landlord was locking him out at 7 am the following morning. we moved equipment out of there right up to 7 am. even with a ucc filed it can be tied up for months. this is where the term possession is 9/10 of the law. if i have it they gotta sue me to get it and vice versa. i take every opportunity to grab that which is rightfully mine.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file