Home U.S. Coin Forum

Anybody got a invoice yet??

Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
Heritages signature auction which my portion ended on July 27th, has not given me an invoice yet. Has anyone else that was high bidder online received anything??

Thanks
Mark

Comments

• raysrays Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today I got an email from Norma Pedrero to call with info for payment (I won via eBay but I am also on their customer list). She is not in today so I will call next week. I wonder if they are going to charge me 20% buyers fee. If so, I am not going the eBay bidding route again.
  • RGLRGL Posts: 3,784
    Heritage has been having some problems. I won a lot and online invoices were not available until yesterday, the same day the snail mail invoice arrived. I received a most apologetic e-mail about waiting until later on Thursday for the online invoice and it finally was there.
  • I won a lot and still don't have an online invoice yet, and nothing yet in the mail either. Mine was the next to last session, though.
    Keith ™

• MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    I received mine in the mail today and got the E-mail one 1 day after the auctions closed!!
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• jtrykajtryka Posts: 797
    I just got my e-mail invoice today, and haven't received an snail mail invoice for the last few auctions.
  • BNEBNE Posts: 772
    I also got an e-mail from Norma asking me to contact Heritage to give my credit card info, etc., but evidently she was not there today. Strike one. I tried to call someone else there, so I could pay them. I got transferred twice to two different (wrong) people, then was put on hold and disconnected. Strike two. When I finally spoke with someone there this morning, I was informed there "were no invoices yet" -- but they took my info anyway. Strike three.

All this for an auction that closed last Sunday.

I don't think I'm getting my 20%'s worth; how about you?image
    "The essence of sleight of hand is distraction and misdirection. If smoeone can be convinced that he has, through his own perspicacity, divined your hidden purposes, he will not look further."

William S. Burroughs, Cities of the Red Night

• I FINALLY got an email about my winning bid, but the Invoice doesn't show up yet. The email says if the invoice isn't there to wait 24 hours and try again.

JJacks

Always buying music cards of artists I like! PSA or raw! Esp want PSA 10s 1991 Musicards Marx, Elton, Bryan Adams, etc. And 92/93 Country Gold AJ, Clint Black, Tim McGraw PSA 10s
  • ARCOARCO Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bid $160.00 on an 1894 Barber Half. It shows in blue that I won the internet bidding, but the current bid shows $161.00. I can't figure out if I even won or not? Haven't recieved any notification yet.

Tyler
  • Tyler,

You won. The amount in blue does include the 15% (or 20%) buyer's fee.
    Keith ™

• Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    What ARCO said had me trippin too! I bid $700 and was high absentee bidder but Heritage's website said a bidder got the coin for $805, which isn't 20% of $700. Notice from eBay said I won lot for $700 + $140 buyers fee. Then several days later eBay site changed and my high bid of $700 was replaced with $805. So maybe I only had to pay 15% because I'm a member of Heritage. At first I thought I had won it and was happy, then I thought I didn't and was sad, now I think I really did but really don't care anymore. Dear Norma Pedro finally sent me an email but bless her little heart didn't even bother to tell me how much I owe. So I'll just sit here and twidle my thumbs. I guess when Heritage wants their money they'll ask for it.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • BNEBNE Posts: 772
    I just got a physical invoice for one of the auctions I won from Heritage. An interesting item was included with the bill: a small, printed computer image of the coins I won (cool! especially since God knows when I'm actually going to get the actual coins in my hands) and a coupon from Hertiage waiving their seller's fee if I choose to auction the same coins through one of Heritage's bullet sales.

I had really mixed feelings about this. I think it's a great, value added service to send a picture of the coins with the invoice -- it really helps build the anticipation of getting the coins, especially when it looks like it is going to be a while, through no fault of the winner. On the other had, I sort of reacted like "What, you want me to auction the thing off again before I've even had a chance to SEE it? Isn't that jumping the gun just a little bit? Maybe, just maybe, I needed the coin!" Thinking about it more, I wondered whether this was a clever way to discourage returns -- "if you don't like the coin, don't return it for your money back; instead, spin the wheel and see if you can't foist it off on someone else for more." Waiving the fee is a way to get people to think more seriously about the re-auction route.

Did anyone else get these photos/coupons? How did you feel about it?
    "The essence of sleight of hand is distraction and misdirection. If smoeone can be convinced that he has, through his own perspicacity, divined your hidden purposes, he will not look further."

William S. Burroughs, Cities of the Red Night
  • Received my email Friday night. The current bid also includes the juice (15%) so it is a reflection of your winning bid plus. I was in the same situation too.

Rich
  • BladeBlade Posts: 1,744
    Heritage has had some invoice processing issues lately. I won a couple lots in their Internet auction on July 9. Invoice was available online, but didn't arrive for a week and a half. Coins weren't shipped until July 19. When I asked Heritage what was taking so long, they said they were backed up due to the COMIC auctions image
    Tom

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Type collector since 1981
    Current focus 1855 date type set

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file