Home U.S. Coin Forum

Is this Ike overpriced?

PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭

Comments

• itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    Very much... it's not an ultra-cam.... and would still be high if it were.
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • I think so. This one looks better.
    Jackie

Collecting Dollars
  • nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    Could it be the lighting conditions?
  • byergobyergo Posts: 586
    Buy/Sell/Trade Rainbow Morgans
  • nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    The link for the previous message

It's OK. Not my kind of toning, though.
  • PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    They both are nice image I thought that pice seemed out of line, thanks.
  • supercoinsupercoin Posts: 2,323
    Pssst... cheap rainbow Ike. image

The 74-S silver proof is the easiest of all Ikes to find with nice toning, apparently something different with the gov't packaging or processing of that year.

The toning on R&I's coin, the PCI coin, and the link I just provided are all found that way within the gov't packaging.

With all due respect to R&I, if that's the nicest toned Ike they've seen they need to get out more. image A nice coin, but see my icon for a nicer one (which is not gov't toning, btw).
    I use Novus Plastic Polish #2, I paid I think $2.00 for a 2oz bottle that lasts forever (approximately image). It's a non-volatile abrasive slurry type thing, so no worries about chemicals leaching into the slab like some other solutions (pun intended).

I'm not familiar with the MS69 stuff.
    TAP Plastics, Bellevue WA. About 2000 miles from where I now live. Luckily it lasts forever. image

I'd look up Plastics in the yellow pages if you live in a larger town, otherwise somebody on the Internet will sell you it I'm sure.

Here's a link to a page about it on the Novus web site. Looks like they sell it too, but for a lot more than in a store.
  • I was considering using that stuff on the slabs I have since they have some annoying scratches.

Robert
    You want fries with that?
    "Tap, tap, TAP plastic... the fantastic plastic sto-ooore!"

If this cheesy radio jingle sounds familiar, that's the place. image
  • dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never seen an Ike with nice toning, maybe some day, but I doubt it.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

I hope not. I just bid on itimage
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
    Don't mind dbldie55, he has an inexplicable compulsion to jump into any thread where someone is admiring an Ike and say something derogatory about it.

Normally he also says he wouldn't pay more than a dollar for it -- hope he's feeling ok. image
  • braddickbraddick Posts: 22,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish more collectors felt like dblie55 though (without, of course, being quite so vocal about it). I'd love to see these prices not continue to rise on these!

peacockcoins

• robertprrobertpr Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭
    I don't think I've ever seen or heard of a cheap coin from Rick Tomaska, but I don't think I've ever seen or heard of an ugly/bad coin from Rick either.
  • that e bay seller must own stock in pci ,over 500coins listed and most pci......

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file