Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Early Jeff Proof Collectors: A new No. 5 set

Well, we saw it coming ... the mysterious Mr. (or Ms.) Grant has added his last coin, a '42 Ty. 2 in 67, and uncovered his/her nice set, featuring all 69s in the 1960s.: LINK. And, notably, did so with only 15 percent DCAMs. And, a couple of easy (?) upgrades and he's No. 5 All-Time. Our congratulations ... whoever you are. (Although you did bump me down one spot! imageimage

Comments

• Options
    MonstavetMonstavet Posts: 1,235 ✭✭
    Oh! And here I thought you were talking about MY set (which recently took over #5 in the modern Jeffs) Hehehe....my mistake.
    Send Email or PM for free veterinary advice.
  • Options
    RGLRGL Posts: 3,784
    Vet: Did not mean to frighten you ... have edited to clarify title ... and, nice set of your own, by the way. image
  • Options
    BNEBNE Posts: 772
    Nice set, Grant! Where are you? Come join us on the boards!!image
    "The essence of sleight of hand is distraction and misdirection. If smoeone can be convinced that he has, through his own perspicacity, divined your hidden purposes, he will not look further."

William S. Burroughs, Cities of the Red Night
  • Options
    The Grant set is finally up.....nice job and a great set. I too have been watching it grow. Well RGL, enjoy being in the top ten while you can.....I enjoyed it for just a short time. Now I am trying to stay in the top twenty! Your set also is looking nice. When are the new Jefferson Sets going to be in effect? See you guys and keep having fun............
    NICKEL TRIUMPH...
  • Options
    RGLRGL Posts: 3,784
    Thanks ... and looking over my shoulder, staying in Top 10 will be a chore, sorry you were bumped as well. Well, on with the good fight, more series await and I am not through yet!
  • Options
    Randy......don't look over your shoulder for me. The Nickel Triumph set is staying just as it is....I am enjoying watching you and the others build some fine sets. Maybe I will grab a few PR69's in the '60's to build a complete non cameo set. Working on the late date Proofs....mainly to put together a complete basic set....which was my goal before the Registry. See ya....

And Monstavet.....great job on that Top Five....I watched you build most of it. It is going to be fun to see the basic proof sets come alive...

Grant....Congrats again.....

Enjoy your coins.......Is there a 1966 sms ms67 out there? Let me know......

Gary
    NICKEL TRIUMPH...
  • Options
    Thanks for the acknowledgement guys (and gals)! Been out of town for awhile and am finally reading through all the posts I missed out on. BNE - I've been here on the boards for quite awhile but have just been quietly hanging out as a Kennedy fanatic. My #5 position lasted all of a full 24 hours before the weighting knocked me down image Oh well! I needed a good reason to splurge for some upgrades anyway image You can see the other "half" of my Jeff set listed as the Nelson Collection (1965 - present proof). Jefferson nickels are the first coins I ever collected as a kid but when I got bitten by the coin bug 5 years ago I got serious with Kennedy proofs but occasionally picked up a Jeff or two when I found a good deal. After completing my Kennedy set I had to focus on something so the Nelson Collection was started and some of the early Jeffs were picked up for fun. I was really into the B/W of the DCAMs until I got ahold of a 1942 Type 1 PR67 that is ice blue and decided I better start getting some more of these "colored" coins! image Took awhile to finish this set cuz I kept having to send back 1942 Type 2 PR67s that just didn't cut it. Finally picked up a brilliant, brilliant, I mean brilliant jewel from Steve Pierce. Glad to finally be complete but will eventually be back up in the top 5 - well probably because I do plan on some easy (?) upgrades image

GQ - you looking for a 1966 SMS 67? Think I've got one around here somewhere that I won't be needin' anymore since I got that 66DCAM back from PCGS image
    ahhhh....... SODO MELVIN?????