Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

This isn't one of you is it?

BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
#2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
#8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set

Comments

• Options
    Hmmm. I recall this coin in another thread. I don't think I would be interested in a coin with a fingerprint on it though. image
    Recommended reading - The PCGS Guide to Coin Grading and Counterfeit Detection and The Coin Collector's Survival Manual and NCI Grading Guide
    For the Morgan collectors - The Morgan and Peace encyclopedia by Van Allen and Mallis

What would your slabbed coins be worth if the grading services went out of business? What would your coins be worth if the Internet was taken offline for good?
  • Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    Same name as the seller.
  • Options
    etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭
    You have to admire the guy for his honest description. With that big ol' paw print on the front of the coin I guess that you would have to be honest though.

-----------

etexmike
  • Options
    jtrykajtryka Posts: 797
    Yes, I admit it, it's my sorry piece of nickel plated copper...image Here's a link to the other thread Other Thread
  • Options
    Rob0126Rob0126 Posts: 142
    jtryka, you sure thats a finger print?

I mean, could it be some 'mark keaving' tongs?

Can someone have fingerprint makrs that are that parallel with each other?

Just wondering. image

Robert
    You want fries with that?
  • Options
    critocrito Posts: 1,735
    your pocket change to PCGS gem BU "experiment" auction is pretty funny too image

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1370310091
  • Options
    No Robert, I assure you it's a fingerprint. I am looking at the slug right now, and there is a slight curve to them. and the one on the back matches perfectly if you picture a person holding it between the thumb and index finger. It will be nice for some enterprising person to dip and resubmit, but I am not into dipping, and would rather use this as an object lesson for collectors, just like the TN quarter.

PS-I thought about featuring these two, but I already sunk enough money with PCGS to spend another $40 on eBay fees!
  • Options
    Cam40Cam40 Posts: 8,146
    From my experience,dipping clad is super tricky.They almost always never look too good after awhile.
    They always develope unattractive toneing.
    Maybe NCS has a way to successfully clean/dip/restore/curate clad coins.
  • Options
    BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    Holy Crap it is one of you guys!!!image Well I definitely can say I can't blame ya for being mad.

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • Options
    You are probably right Cam, and for such a cheap coin it's not worth NCS. Besides, I think most of the damage was done by the PVC in the filp, which would probably yield a body bag now (I just noticed the nice black spot starting to form on the top edge of the reverse). BBN, I'm not too mad anymore, now that I've vented a little on eBay! image
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    I'm not usually one to say positive things about government intervention, but

PVC SHOULD BE OUTLAWED!!!!!!!!

jtryka, sorry to hear of your loss.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    I think a ACG collector would buy it just to say in their pyramid meetings " AND THEY SAY WE(acg) cant grade.
    it would make a beleiver out of most that all grading companies are alike hhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmm
    TRADERBOBZBLOG
    An open mind will support transformation.
    Recognize life is full of change
    and celebrate the opportunity.
    "There is always a way to collect,Never surrender the hobby"
  • Options
    LOL Traderbobz! It seems PCGS should bid just to crack it out, and the other services should bid on it for a "hall of shame" Hmmm...that's not a bad idea for NGC, ICG, etc.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file