Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Hell ain't hot enough...

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
...for the person who did this. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    The person who did that to a coin , should be enameled in a hot oven , not once, but several times.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    That is the most disgusting and ugly thing I have ever seen...
    Bill

The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
  • Options
    gmarguligmarguli Posts: 2,226 ✭✭
    There is a seller on eBay that does a bunch of these. He is an actual coin seller.
  • Options
    BNEBNE Posts: 772
    I suspect that the headdress is AT.image
    "The essence of sleight of hand is distraction and misdirection. If smoeone can be convinced that he has, through his own perspicacity, divined your hidden purposes, he will not look further."

William S. Burroughs, Cities of the Red Night
  • Options
    RGLRGL Posts: 3,784
    Agreed, a pox on their house, LM. Blasphemy it be.
  • Options
    BowAxeBowAxe Posts: 143 ✭✭

<< <i>That is the most disgusting and ugly thing I have ever seen... >>

wwbillman:

Billy, Billy! You disappoint me! I thought, with your motto "To each their own, etc.", that you would be more tolerant and forgiving . . . .

----------------------------

Dell
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The same guy probably makes his dog wear a sweater and a bandana out in public.

peacockcoins

• Options
    Braddick, that was really funny! I laughed until the tears rolled down! image

Dell
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    If it had a hole in it, Lord M would but it for his vest...image I heard he might but it just to put the hole in it himself...image
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    lavalava Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭
    keep up the good homor braddick image
    I brake for ear bars.
  • Options
    Just plain ole' nasty looking. That princess was beat with the ugly stick!!
  • Options
    BowAxe,

<< <i>Billy, Billy! You disappoint me! I thought, with your motto "To each their own, etc.", that you would be more tolerant and forgiving . . . . >>

My motto applies to coin collecting only NOT coin defacing or any other perversion human beings elect to indulge in.......
    Bill

The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
  • Options
    DAMDAM Posts: 2,410 ✭✭
    I whole heartedly agree, defacing a coin should be met with severe punishment! 1000 lashes minimum.

But, I also look at it this way, when an enough idiots screw up a perfectly good coins, they reduce the available collectable population and makes coins me and others own, after enough are defaced, worth that much more (eventually). Especially the higher grade pieces.

Dan
  • Options
    I am a man of few words...This deserves only one

EWE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    image It's Her's
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's one thing to do that to a State quarter or Silver Eagle. Another entirely to do it to a $10 Indian.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    littlewicherlittlewicher Posts: 1,822 ✭✭
    LM, why did you have to show us that? We're in coin hell now..............image The poor thing. Isn't it against the law to degrade something so badly?image

For some life lasts a short while, but the memories it holds last forever.
    -Laura Swenson

In memory of BL, SM, and KG. 16 and forever young, rest in peace.
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    Isn't it illegal to deface a coin? Or at least uglify one? I mean, there are minors on ebay and on the boards here...
  • Options
    FlashFlash Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭
    I suspect the coin wasn't genuine to begin with.
    Matt
  • Options
    GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey! My basset wears a bandana in public!
    imageimage

• Options
    come on guys, I may just try & put together a registry set like this. I would love to own what no other collector has. then I would be the envy of everyone on here. please quote your best price, does not have to be PCGS graded.imageimageimage
  • Options
    This thread appears to be about dead, but let me play devil's advocate.

As Matt said, this may be a replica coin, not the real thing. But even if it is genuine, how is this any different from hobo nickels and elongates, time-honored and enthusiastically collected by some? Or the enamelled modern coins being sold in coin shops, which seem to appeal to some people? These all are apparently "sanctioned" forms of coin defacement.