Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

MASSIVE drop in number of graded '71 Topps!

Yesterday: Total graded: 24,866
Today: Total graded: 24,068

That's almost 800 less!

Is there any reason why this could be normal?

Has anyone else ever noticed something like this?

Comments

• Options
    Hello All,

I know we have been working a phase of the pop reporting.

I will look into it and let you all know what I find out. I have received an e-mail from someone about this too.

Charlie
  • Options
    I don't think it's limited solely to the '71 Topps set. While browsing through the pop report for Johnny Bench cards, I noticed some of those numbers had changed as well. I'm sure it's just a glitch!
  • Options
    GATOR5GATOR5 Posts: 654
    Guys,

Samething with the 81 topps.

Matt
  • Options
    crazysccrazysc Posts: 291
    I noticed it this AM on some sets where I've recently submitted a ton of cards - it looks like the pop report was "rolled back" a couple of weeks. I know have 20-30 of some PSA 10s that don't exist!
    Why do I get the feeling, that some cards are worth money, while others are not?
  • Options
    jrinckjrinck Posts: 1,321 ✭✭
    Solomon,

Check the cert number of some of those "nonexistent" cards and see if this problem permeates to more than just the pop reports.
  • Options
    1977 has also had a significant drop off. One thing that confused me, about a month and a half back a 3rd PSA 10 showed up. Within a couple weeks it was gone.....???? Now many more cards have disappeared. I hope this "glitch" gets smoothed out soon.
  • Options
    John

You stay on these rascals and keep them honest! image

Seriously, this program of jrinck's is quite impressive.

You obviously have way too much free time on your hands.

You are starting to scare me image

PS. your cards are on the way
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
  • Options
    purelyPSApurelyPSA Posts: 712 ✭✭
    I want jrinck's job. Whatever job he has where he can afford graded '71s and still have time to micromanage a pop report has got to be a type of Xanadu. I'm envious.image
  • Options
    Actually, if you think about it MY way, I am actually helping my company by writing this program!

You see, every now and then my job requires me to write a software program, mostly in the programming language that I wrote the pop report program in.

It's been about three months since I last had to do real work using this programming language, and I felt my skills were dipping, so I came up with a way to refresh them, and the pop report program was born!

So there you have it! My skills are refreshed! I win! My company wins! And all of you win except for Charlie and Joe who have to absorb all the controversy I've reaped upon them!

P.S. Thanks Zardoz!
  • Options
    Sol

Are you sure that those 20-30 Tens that you have are PSA's and not some "off brand" grading company that you discovered in the backalleys of Calcutta? image
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    Same thing on the 1951 Bowmans . . . this happened before (sometime last year, I believe). When all was said and done, it was the higher numbers that were correct.
  • Options
    Hello All,

We have found the problem we had with the pop reports.

We will regenerate the numbers tonight. Please let me know tomorrow if the numbers still do not look correct.

No one knows these numbers better than you guys. Thanks for all of your help.

Charlie
  • Options
    Zardoz,

Is there a difference?

(ducking & running)
    Why do I get the feeling, that some cards are worth money, while others are not?
  • Options
    Please let me know tomorrow if the numbers still do not look correct.

There are three things certain in life - death, taxes, and Jrinck crunching the numbers tomorrow.
  • Options
    You bet your sweet bippy I'll be crunching them tomorrow!