Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

New Special

As the 80s special comes to a close... I was wondering if anyone knows the rates for the new combo special or anything of that nature.

Thanks, Ian.

P.S.: With the new rule about 75%, I chose to upload around 30% of my 1987 Topps WWF set that you are all anxiously awaiting image. I am around 50%, but I'm waiting to buy more boxes to see if my luck with the grades will improve, and that additional 20%, I'm kinda too embarassed to list image.

Comments

• Options
    boggs301012boggs301012 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭
    Dont be to embarrassed to list your cards. I list my set "it is already the boards read headed step child" After all you enjoy them. The special is suppose to be anounced thurday.
    x
  • Options
    brucemobrucemo Posts: 358
    Cards are cards. What's to be embarrassed about?

Someone has a 1965 Hogan's Heroes #50 "Definite Signs of Dandruff" registered in PSA-7.

You can't be embarrassed sending in a Hulk Hogan.

bruce
    Collecting '52 Bowman, '53 Bowman B&W, and '56 Topps, in PSA-7.
    Email: brucemo@seanet.com
  • Options
    Heh, Hulk Hogan isn't the problem, already have his main card in 8 image. The problem is when you can't find cards of Outback Jack that look better than 7 image. The cards aren't graded yet, but I'm prepared for the worst with the next 20%... I guess I am pretty worried about his bunch. I act like they are already graded, but I assume a tall order of 7s will be issued, that's why I am too embarassed to even think about listing them. Hopefully I'll pull out a few 8s, which I am pretty sure I will, but 7's... yikes. I am afraid though that that is the best quality I'll be able to find these cards in, or if this batch does get 8's, that they undergraded the previous ones.

But thanks for the replies anyways, I guess I have to wait until Thursday like everyone else to find out about the special.

Ian
  • Options
    Hey, if Outback Jack is a tough card, that's how it is. I'd register a Wagner if I had a PSA-1, why not an Outback Jack?

bruce
  • Options
    purelyPSApurelyPSA Posts: 712 ✭✭
    It's a 60s, 70s, and 80s special. Probably $6 a throw, I'd imagine.
  • Options
    PurelyPSA is spot on,

The advert in the Sept SMR has it as 60's,70's and 80's for $6 per card. minimum 25 card submision and ends Sept 30th.

Matt
    UK based collector.
  • Options
    $6 a card, sounds good to me, I've got a bunch of nice 74's that could use some grading. Good point about the Wagner Bruce, I'm taking that into consideration when the grades return.

Ian
  • Options
    Anyone else think that PSA is going to get A LOT of submissions from this special? I know I have a few hundred 60s and 70s cards that I have been saving in anticipation of it. It only saves a buck a card, but with 300 cards, that makes a big difference to me.

I have a feeling that many others have been waiting to submit as well.

Bailey
  • Options
    They are going to get a few hundred from me.

bruce
  • Options
    BigKidAtHeartBigKidAtHeart Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    the June/July "80's special" ended today.... as I understand it, as long as your got your submission in the mail (& postmarked) TODAY 7/31 then you get the $5 deal, right???

because if it is when THEY RECIEVE IT - it will cost me another $1 per card (on a very large submission)

anyone know the "official rule"?
    imageimage
  • Options
    aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    bigkid-The last time I inquired they told me as long as it was postmarked by the 31st of July you were okay. Good luck!
  • Options
    boggs301012boggs301012 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭
    The New Special is up !!!!!
    x