Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Complete set Grading

Hi All,
I have been working for a while on a early set of dimes in vf+ for a while now and was wondering if when I am finished does PCGS offer discounts for a coplete set grading, ultimatly this set will be registered the question is how much is the grading going to be? ( there are 51 coins to this set and I'm short by 3 right now)

Brudd
SI HOC LEGERE SCIS NIMIUM ERUDITIONIS HABES

Looking for Low Grade PCGS Half Dimes.

Comments

• Options
    TypetoneTypetone Posts: 1,622
    I asked the question for my Lib 5c set, and they said no discount for a full set.

Greg
  • Options
    keithdagenkeithdagen Posts: 2,025
    If you register a set at least 90% graded, you get 5 free gradings, I think -- so you might want to submit most of them, and get the freebies, then submit the rest.
    Keith ™

• Options
    BRdudeBRdude Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    Yea, what KD says is about right. You get 5 free for a 90% set, but the 5 free CAN'T be the set. The best I could do with my Peace set (at over 90% complete) was joining as a platnum member and getting 8 free submissions. then paying full price for the rest. When the st gets graded, THEN you get 5 free for the over 90% complete set ( I did get offered one additional free one if I submitted the entire set thoughimageimageimage) That would have made 9 free, then 5 free after the factimage Did any of this make any sense???imageimageimageimage Oh, I didn't take them up on it, they're still in the dansco, but is a comlete set nowimageimageimage I may one of these days when the roughly $500 that I need becomes availableimage Charlie Kahler is the one to talk to at PCGS to find out exactly what they will do.image You can as KD says submit 90%, then get the 5 free for the additional ones in the set.
    AKA kokimoki
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed
    Join the NRA and protect YOUR right to keep and bear arms
    To protest against all hunting of game is a sign of softness of head, not soundness of heart. Theodore Roosevelt
    [L]http://www.ourfallensoldier.com/ThompsonMichaelE_MemorialPage.html[L]
  • Options
    I have never personally submitted anything to PCGS but as it stands with the early dime set(eds) I have 48 to send in, I also have a few early quarters to send in and 4 Mercs to reholder (2 are possible regrade and 1 of those is an unmarked FB), I guess I should check out thier pricing (I couldn't tell you anything about the cost of grading). Regardless, Is there any advive for submitting? Things I should/shouldn't do? What to look out for?

Thanks,
    Brudd
    SI HOC LEGERE SCIS NIMIUM ERUDITIONIS HABES

Looking for Low Grade PCGS Half Dimes.
  • Options
    BRdudeBRdude Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    Join as a gold or platinum member and you get a submission kit and several free books, plus 4 free submissions for a gold member and 8 free for a platinum memberimage It's easy, just follow the instructions. Hardest thing is.....WAITING!!!!!imageimage You can request the number of flips and I just bet they will send you however many you need. They are like $5 or something for 100 I think. Good luck!!image
    AKA kokimoki
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed
    Join the NRA and protect YOUR right to keep and bear arms
    To protest against all hunting of game is a sign of softness of head, not soundness of heart. Theodore Roosevelt
    [L]http://www.ourfallensoldier.com/ThompsonMichaelE_MemorialPage.html[L]