Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Email solicitations

I received an email from coinseller2002@aol.com:

noticed that you are just missing a few quarters for your reg set of Proofs pr69dcam I have a extra one of a few if you are interested. Your pick $20 each free shipping. Let me know if you are interested.

Roxie

2001-S NORTH CAROLINA NC 25C
2001-S RHODE ISLAND RI 25C
2001-S VERMONT VT 25C
2001-S KENTUCKY KY 25C

You need all of these I also have them as well as other coins on hand and can get almost anything you want!!!!!

My email address is no longer visible on the registry page.
When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse

Comments

• Mikey,

I've had this happen a few times -- really doesn't bother me too much. If I'm interested in what I see, I'll respond. If not, I treat it like any other junk mail.
    Keith ™

• itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    When I've had some nice cameo proof Washingtons for sale (1950's vintage) I've directly e-mailed registry set holders that needed them. Most of them replied, and some bid. That's why you post your e-mail address there in the first place.
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i recently made my e-mail addy. invisible after i received some spam that was related to a bogus 1916-D merc thread over on the u.s. forum. the eBay seller was busted by us and must have come and lurked onsite to see all the comments made about his auction. does anyone know if an unregistered user can check out our profiles? if not the seller is a member-in-hiding.

al h.image
  • RGLRGL Posts: 3,784
    Keets: Someone can only see your profile if you make it public. And, yes, unregistered users can read anything the rest of us can, they simply can't post ... I know, I monitored boards for awhile before joining.
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    I made my eMail public specifically in the hope that some nice coins might come my way. I thought it was obvious that is the point of the feature.

Russ, NCNE
  • prooflikeprooflike Posts: 3,879 ✭✭
    Russ, you are correct, it is obvious that was the point of the feature.

• MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    I don't mind if I get an E-Mail for a coin I need. I have gotten a few upgrades that way...image
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• << <i>Russ, you are correct, it is obvious that was the point of the feature. >>

Are you saying I'm stupid?
    When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse
  • I made my email available on my registry set also hoping I could pick up some Upgrades. I would appreciate any help that comes my way.image How come no one has anything I need? Help Help Helpimage
    FORMER # 1 NOW # 3 ON ALL TIME FINEST CLAD QUARTER COLLECTION

PCGS THE ONLY WAY TO GO

Ed
  • lavalava Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭
    I guess the rule is to each his own. Hide your email if you don't want mail. I welcome mail, so anyone may feel free to wrtite me. I look forward to the day when someone contacts me about pl dollars or dmpl dollars that I need. Sounds good to me, I want `em, someone else doesn't, sounds like a potential deal.
    I brake for ear bars.