Home PSA Set Registry Forum

PSA registry and the Sports Market Report

I received my Sports Market Report MAgazine today and WOW! I can't remember the last time the value changed on a late 70's or early 80's card. Now nothing but + marks everywhere! Is this all because of the renewed interest due to the PSA registry? How long has the registry been around?

Comments

• FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Registry has been around a little over a year or so. And yes - its definitely driving prices.
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    The Registry is NOT driving prices. FB and his pile of coin (ala Scrooge McDuck) is....
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • The renewed interest is because a lot of people are collecting sets from those years now. The set registry just gives people a place to list them and "keep score". The set registry lists lots of sets where there is little activity in them. If there wasn't activity in those years, the prices would remain the same. Those years tend to be more fun for collectors to submit. Finding cards to send in that are 8 in quality is rather easy and cheap. Nines are likely, with tens even being very much a possibility. You can buy a whole pile of them for what one "older" card might cost you. It is very easy to add cards quickly to your set, and have fun in doing so. It's a lot tougher going on older sets.