Home› Stamps Forum
Options

Starting to renew my stamp interests….

ambro51ambro51 Posts: 14,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 8, 2026 8:30PM in Stamps Forum

As a kid I had the standard stamp upbringing….world album, red album, stuffed orange bags, flat theme packs….and Geez the Approvals! Just about drove my mom crazy! I’d sit by the window just waiting for the mailman…..one day she seen him first and ran out screaming “No More Approvals!!!!!”. Anyway, a half century later I’m picking up a few bits and pieces. I had a bit of stamp collector left and over the years picked up the old stamp reprints, the Columbians, the 1901 inverts, the interesting things like the Jenny invert, a block of the diagonal $5 . So…….im picking up a few souvenir sheets featuring 19th century reissues. It’s mind blowingly cheap how these items are now. Basically all are plentiful for a few percent over postage values. ……looking forward to it

Comments

  • Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 25,232 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Be selective and collect only what really interests you.

    All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 14,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 8, 2026 8:31PM

    I might go for building up a postally used CSA set. •••• I do like the idea of using these higher denomination reprints as postage though (of course, I can write with a dip pen) :)

Sign In or Register to comment.