Home› Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Unopened Counter and Floor Stand Store Displays

jordangretzkyfanjordangretzkyfan Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

As you all know, I love unopened from the 1980s. After searching for nearly 25 years, I finally landed two store displays that have eluded me. There is something about unopened store counter and floor displays that speaks to the child in me. Likely stems from going into my local general store as a kid and wishing my allowance could afford me the entire display and not just the few packs I walked out with each week.

For some reason, store displays from 1985 have been impossible to find. So much that AI typically doesn’t even have historical images. One 1985 Donruss counter display case came up in an REA auction in 2023, but I did not see it before the auction closed. As for the 1985 Fleer wax rack floor display, I had never even seen one pictured, let alone available for sale. I am proud to now have both in my collection.

I would love to see any store displays this board would like to share. It is one of my favorite things to collect!

Comments

  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I'm guessing these are not for opening Chris?

    Tho I would not have display room - I do think they're cool looking.

    Mike
  • Options

    This would be a nice display to have.
    :p

  • Options
    baz518baz518 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭

    Very nice! I've always loved floor displays, especially Donruss ones where they mixed different products. I have a 1982 Donruss floor display... it held a bunch of 3-wax pack grocery racks, still in the original case. Unfortunately, I slowly sold off all but 24 of the racks over the years. Saved those hoping I'd find an empty 82 Donruss rack box... but still never have.

  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 13,234 ✭✭✭✭✭

    love those store displays. very nostalgic for me.

    George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

Sign In or Register to comment.