ANA Project continues (CAC Rattler Gold Type set)
pcgscacgold
Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭✭✭
I picked up my first CAC Ratt Gold coin at the 2026 Central States show. It was for my Classic Head $5 set. It planted a seed.
.
While attending the 2026 ANA I decided to start a project. See how many CAC Ratt Gold Coins I could find. They had to be reallyh nice to be added. I was able to get coins from John at CRO, Big Apple Coins and a few others. I was able to find a number of them. I added one upgrade at the GACC show. The QE Indian is one of my favorites so I will try to get as many of these as I can.
.
Down to the Type 2 $1 Gold Dollar, the $3 Princess, the $5 Indian and the $20 Liberty for the 12 coin set. Not bad for a month in.
.
.
.
Completed All CAC approved Classic Head $5 set https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/mysetregistry/album/344241
CBH Set https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/everyman-collections/everyman-half-dollars/everyman-capped-bust-half-dollars-1807-1839/album/345572
Comments
That's a fun set, and still enough rattlers around to make it doable.
I once completed a 144 piece classic commemorative set in all rattlers. The last couple coins were very difficult to find. This 12-piece set is a fun idea.
Thanks @Kove I currently have 62 of the classic Commems in CAC Ratts as well. One year in and having a blast.
Completed All CAC approved Classic Head $5 set https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/mysetregistry/album/344241
CBH Set https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/everyman-collections/everyman-half-dollars/everyman-capped-bust-half-dollars-1807-1839/album/345572
All nice looking pieces, well done!
-
Your hobby is supposed to be your therapy, not the reason you need it.