Home› U.S. Coin Forum

Comments

  • Options
    1madman1madman Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I could easily see this bring $100,000+

  • Options
    HarlequinHarlequin Posts: 265 ✭✭✭

    @1madman said:
    I could easily see this bring $100,000+

    Yeah, I can see this hammering for some nice money ..... Gonna be interesting to watch 😎

    🇺🇸 Harlequin
    harlequinnumismatic@gmail.com
    Home of the Americana Collection of USA silver coins

  • Options
    cptbillycptbilly Posts: 155 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 29, 2026 5:29PM

    Even the fifth, sixth. . . twentieth examples will bring big bucks. . .Some ASE collector(s) with deep pockets and a completist obsession will step up to the plate.

  • Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,966 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 29, 2026 4:01PM

    It is a very neat piece and one that is very scarce and worthy of spirited bidding. $22k with juice, the current level, is a lot of money for a modern. I’d rather put my money elsewhere.

  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 40,134 ✭✭✭✭✭

    a modern that is 1 of 403 given to olympans. worth it

    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,966 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @MsMorrisine said:
    a modern that is 1 of 403 given to olympans. worth it

    1/400 - three are kept by the government presumably for the Smithsonian.

  • Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,966 ✭✭✭✭✭

    It’s definitely up there with the “neat” factor like the prototype reverse Ike and 22k gold Sacagaweas struck in 2000 and sent into space.

  • Options
    stawickstawick Posts: 613 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 30, 2026 10:35AM

    I went so far as to bid and win a Proof69 95W ASE some years ago. THAT was a splurge for me.
    In my mind I'm convincing myself a) I dont have the 5-figure funds for this (too close to a V75 AGE level), b) I am "complete enough" with where I am at now. B)
    This is a 1-off specialty.

  • Options
    OnTheHuntOnTheHunt Posts: 211 ✭✭✭

    I think quite a few will be up for auction soon, I bet most of the recipients would rather have the money.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file