Options
eBay 60 second rule failed this evening
Dug13
Posts: 341 ✭✭✭✭
This evening I placed a bid on a coin with 7 seconds left on the countdown timer.
Auction ended and showed I “won” and that it “ended”.
About 10 minutes later, the ended bid went up. About 20 minutes after that it went up again.
Come to find out, instead of adding 60 seconds to the end, it added 60 minutes.
Got ahold of Customer Service and they said they would resolve the problem.
Did not get the coin.
Win some/loss some
Wall of HONOR transaction list:WonderCoin, CoinFlip, Masscrew, Travintiques, lordmarcovan, Jinx86, Gerard, ElKevvo, PROMETHIUSS88.
1
Comments
What is the 60s rule?
It's supposed to be when a bid is placed in the final minute, the clock resets to 60 seconds. Auction ends when there are no bids in the final minute. I have not experienced this yet with coins or cards because I have not participated in many auctions lately, so can't comment first hand on the process...
I also thought buyers were required to pay for auctions by automatic charge within an hour after they end. I’ve been forced to do that as a buyer for a while now. And yet, I woke up to a sold item that’s unpaid after nearly 12 hours already. eBay suggested I manually message the buyer to pay.
I won a pocket watch with a last 5 seconds bid about two weeks ago without resetting the bid clock.
BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore, Nickpatton, Namvet69,...
I recently made bids and didn't see the bid clock reset. Is that a new option when setting up listings or is it universal? Is it for all products?
Rare-Change.com - Low listing fee
No one has encountered this.
.
Never experienced that on ebay but looking it up says it's a thing.........I don't think I like that - sounds more like eBay is getting more greedy to bump them bids up!
eBay is rolling out an Extended Bidding feature where any bid placed in the final 60 seconds resets the clock back to 60 seconds.
How Extended Bidding Works
• The Reset Rule: If a new bid is submitted during the last 60 seconds of the auction, the timer goes back to 60 seconds remaining.
• Continuation: This extension repeats until a full 60 seconds pass with zero new bids placed.
• Impact on Sniping: Last-second "sniping" (waiting until the final second to place a bid) becomes much harder because the extra time gives other buyers a chance to respond.
• Rollout Status: eBay initially tested and used this feature in select categories (like trading cards and vehicles) before expanding the pilot and updating help pages across major markets like the US, UK, and Australia.
"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"