Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

New full slab imaging site

AlanSkiAlanSki Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭✭✭

Powered by AI software. It’s not my site but I do use it. If you don’t want to take your own photos through it, there is an option to upload true views to get a full slab image.

I know some of you might be against it, but my photo abilities are horrendous and I’m now able to get better images, while not 100% perfect.

If you sign up, please use my referral.
https://app.coinstudio.ai/r/1CCE56E4C90A4A17

Sample images I’ve created.






Vs the actual Trueview

Comments

  • Options
    SoFloSoFlo Posts: 565 ✭✭✭✭

    Those are really nice pictures, I like it a lot.

    After all these years my wife still thinks I'm sexy. Every time I walk by she says "What An Ass"

  • Options
    AlanSkiAlanSki Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @messydesk said:
    Results not so good. The mint mark on the 79-S has become a large dot, and on the 88-O it's the wrong shape and size. The ME ligature in AMERRICA [sic] on the 88-O is a new one for me. Minor changes in letter shapes on the cent ("GO", C in AMERICA).

    It’s not perfect like I mentioned but for personal use it is ok with me.

  • Options
    KoveKove Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭✭

    This makes those MS 65 Morgans look like MS 67s.

  • Options
    AlanSkiAlanSki Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Kove said:
    This makes those MS 65 Morgans look like MS 67s.

    Because they do look close. I’ll do one of my crappy images

  • Options
    AlanSkiAlanSki Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭✭✭

  • Options
    AlanSkiAlanSki Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭✭✭

  • Options
    HarlequinHarlequin Posts: 251 ✭✭✭

    I agree with the above comments on the negatives and a big problem I would have is that it won't show any imperfections on the slab such as harsh scratches, broken pegs, etc. as the slabs themselves look a bit "artificial" in the AI pics....... Cool concept but I don't think it's good for selling as it is not a "true" representation of the actual coin IMO 😎

    🇺🇸 Harlequin
    harlequinnumismatic@gmail.com
    Home of the Americana Collection of USA silver coins

  • Options
    CoinPhysicistCoinPhysicist Posts: 641 ✭✭✭✭

    Sure this is cool from a technological perspective. But not as the perspective of someone who might buy a coin. Now I have to worry that sellers are using AI to make their coins look better. Sure they could have been last week too, but now it will be on my mind going forward. So thanks for flagging.

    Successful transactions with: wondercoin, Tetromibi, PerryHall, PlatinumDuck, JohnMaben/Pegasus Coin & Jewelry, CoinFlip, coinlieutenant, bigjpst, and joebb21.

  • Options
    LiquidatedLiquidated Posts: 402 ✭✭✭✭

    This is really neat. Unlike everyone else looking a a reason to complain, let me be the first to say thanks for posting this!

  • Options
    LiquidatedLiquidated Posts: 402 ✭✭✭✭

    @CoinPhysicist said:
    Sure this is cool from a technological perspective. But not as the perspective of someone who might buy a coin. Now I have to worry that sellers are using AI to make their coins look better. Sure they could have been last week too, but now it will be on my mind going forward. So thanks for flagging.

    Ever heard of photoshop? People been juicing and editing photos 20 years.

  • Options
    FlyingAlFlyingAl Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Liquidated said:

    @CoinPhysicist said:
    Sure this is cool from a technological perspective. But not as the perspective of someone who might buy a coin. Now I have to worry that sellers are using AI to make their coins look better. Sure they could have been last week too, but now it will be on my mind going forward. So thanks for flagging.

    Ever heard of photoshop? People been juicing and editing photos 20 years.

    There's a very distinct difference between changing the characteristics of a photo the way a settings adjustment on a camera would verus using generative AI.

    One is actually an image, whereas the AI is creating a whole new thing based on the original image. They are not the same.

  • Options
    LiquidatedLiquidated Posts: 402 ✭✭✭✭

    @FlyingAl said:

    @Liquidated said:

    @CoinPhysicist said:
    Sure this is cool from a technological perspective. But not as the perspective of someone who might buy a coin. Now I have to worry that sellers are using AI to make their coins look better. Sure they could have been last week too, but now it will be on my mind going forward. So thanks for flagging.

    Ever heard of photoshop? People been juicing and editing photos 20 years.

    There's a very distinct difference between changing the characteristics of a photo the way a settings adjustment on a camera would verus using generative AI.

    One is actually an image, whereas the AI is creating a whole new thing based on the original image. They are not the same.

    End of the day it is the absolute same concept. No distinct differences…Technology used to create something better than what it is and some people do use it to deceive.

    As much as I hated When Heritage started to enhance photos, many of you people now want enhanced photos. Even pay for the services. It is nuts.

    At least now you get AI to do it in one click vs running adobe based actions.

  • Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,931 ✭✭✭✭✭

    This will make it harder to shop for coins online. Returns are annoying for me as a buyer as I waste my time and postage which is becoming increasingly more expensive. A small flat rate priority box is like $13 now.

  • Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I like this because I cannot do a good photograph of my old holder 1909 set. The coins inside the holders are not important to me so I don’t care how much the software changes them.

  • Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Is there a way to have the program rotate the coin in the holder?

  • Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,931 ✭✭✭✭✭

    This is chat GPT’s attempt:

  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 13,265 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Lost me at AI. I have enough trouble telling what's real from what's phony.

    "Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working" Pablo Picasso

  • Options

    AI changes things without permission, even faces. Be careful. Even when I’ve asked them do not change the face, they still change the face. It is very irritating.

  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 23,195 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I didn't click on the link, but do you upload a marginal shot of the slab as well as an image of the coin and ask it to straighten and square the slab and then drop the coin image into it?

    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

    In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

    image
  • Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 12,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @TomB said:
    I didn't click on the link, but do you upload a marginal shot of the slab as well as an image of the coin and ask it to straighten and square the slab and then drop the coin image into it?

    I did follow the link and setup an account as I was curious. You have to provide a full slab obv and rev plus an additional 4 to 5 images from different angles. My assumption is that the program then stiches those photos all together (and whatever else it does) to arrive at the final product. While I did setup my account I have not tried to produce an image yet.

    My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

    Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file