Home› Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Another 1966 counterfeit slab

I found another fake 1966 slab listed on Ebay. This one is of a low pop leader card. It recently was sold on Ebay and is now listed again for a significantly larger amount of money. I reported it to Ebay and got the typical reply that we nothing suspicious and the first seller bypassed the authenticity guarantee. I have reported it to PSA so hopefully they will intervene. It's a tough pop 12 card. Item #407243398426 if you care to look.

Comments

  • Options
    DotStoreDotStore Posts: 936 ✭✭✭✭

    Looks like it SOLD today

  • Options
    1982FootballWax1982FootballWax Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Peeps here be loving trimmed cards and those who trim them therefore logical to think they also loves them fake slabs.

    Sticks a MBA sticker, perhaps even a fake sticker, on that fake slab and some here will fawn all over it.

    It's the singer not the song - Peter Townshend (1972)
    Not even a minute do I buy the whole buh buh buh I'm a man-child japery - Me (2025)

  • Options
    ElMagoStrikeZoneElMagoStrikeZone Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Phony slabs with phony stickers will require yet another company to provide customer support until it just becomes an industry within itself. Then eBay will need professional authenticators to authenticate specifically what is non-authentic.

  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,290 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Won't this sale get terminated through Authenticity Guarantee?

  • Options
    1982FootballWax1982FootballWax Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @gemint said:
    Won't this sale get terminated through Authenticity Guarantee?

    Maybe? Stuff slips through perhaps that is what seller banks on.

    It's the singer not the song - Peter Townshend (1972)
    Not even a minute do I buy the whole buh buh buh I'm a man-child japery - Me (2025)

  • Options
    tigerdeantigerdean Posts: 932 ✭✭✭

    We shall see. I reported it to psa but who knows how thorough they are. First thing they should do with the authenticity guarantee is to scan that barcode because it wont jive. This card sold on Sept 16 for $272.68 and that seller avoided the authenticity guarantee with the way he listed it. I despise scammers.

Sign In or Register to comment.