Options
Is Vlad Guerrero Jr. an idiot?
in Sports Talk
his recent comments about his huge contract. he said he is not being paid for his current and future production, but what he has done in the past. and he doubled down on those comments.
14 years 500 million.
George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.
1
Comments
Yes 100% if he actually said that
Owners deserve what they get when they overpay these guys
yeah, he actually said it twice!! there was an initial interview where he said it and then the next day he was asked about it and he actually doubled down.
this guy looks to me like he is about 3 double cheesburgers away from being in Cecil Fielder or CC Sabathia territory. I dont think this contract is going to age well...
George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.
here is an exerpt from what he said:
“I want people to understand one thing,” Guerrero said in Spanish. “The money they gave me wasn’t for what I’m going to do. It was for what I already did. They didn’t pay me because I’m going to hit 40 every year. They paid me for what I already accomplished. People are confused about that, but I think the same way they do. Like, sometimes I even say to myself: bro, they gave you all that money and you’re out here doing nothing. I try.”
Asked about those comments following the Blue Jays being mathematically eliminated from the playoffs Wednesday afternoon, Guerrero stood by them.
"No, I don't regret myself. I'm not lying with what I say,” Guerrero said through interpreter Hector Lebron. “I understand some fans, they don't understand the way and what I was trying to say specifically, but what I said is the way I feel."
at least he "trys" right!!! can you imagine if he played in New York or Boston???
George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.
He’s not wrong though. You work for your next contract and for your legacy. He seems to care about neither.
“I’ll be a happy idiot and struggle for the legal tender”
The Pretender - Jackson Browne
I knew I did something wrong. I signed a contract at my job for $14 spread out over 500 million years.
Quality post. 👏
Hes right and wrong at the same time. He did get paid because of what he had done, but they also paid him because they expected him to keep doing that. 40 a year theyre idiots if they were expecting that, he did that 1 time. 30 and 100 RBIs should be the expectation.
It honestly sounds like he knows hes not living up to the contract with that terrible year and that he might be feeling the pressure of the expectations of the contract. He wouldnt be the first guy to ever sign a huge contract and start feeling the pressure of it trying to hard instead of playing relaxed and not trying to force things
Fire AJ Preller
Is all forgiven if he hits 30/100 next year?
DPOTD-3
'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'
CU #3245 B.N.A. #428
Don
Without Question
Fire AJ Preller